AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone planning a winter vacation somewhere in the sun ?

Real Name
    Robin

Default Re: Anyone planning a winter vacation somewhere in the sun ?

Thanks!

Here's an update since I posted this thread near 3 years ago:

Since then Linda & I went to 'Breathless' all-inclusive, adults only resort in Los Cabos - rated about 4.5 stars - quite good - we really enjoyed our stay but not sure we would be tempted to return.

Following that we booked a smallish 4 star resort in Ixtapa - since we hadn't been in that area before and it was relatively inexpensive - a disappointment though - particularly the food and amenities - we rated it not more than a 3 star at best.

Our next booking is for this coming October, at a 5 star rated all-inclusive, adults only spa/resort in Puerto Vallarta called Villa Premiere Boutique Resort (only 80 rooms), which is almost next door to P.V.'s Malecon - the main beach & boardwalk area of P.V. with many fine restaurants. The price was reasonable and we're quite looking forward to it!
    It's very highly rated by the Mexican resort critics for their spacious accommodation, real good food & service, and great ambiance.

It'll be a nice departure from many of the new mega resorts - 300 to 500 persons - where you can rarely find an empty lounge around the pool(s) after 9 in the a.m.

But I'm mainly posting in this thread today to give some of you folks food for thought as to the Mexican scene of all-inclusive resorts which are attracting many U.S. and Canadian vacationers.

We found this next one - a near new (2018) adults only all-inclusive in Los Cabos, quite by accident.

It's part of the Moon Palace chain, and it's called 'Le Blanc Spa & Resort Los Cabos', a sister to the only other Le Blanc resort that has existed in Cancun for a number of years. We've booked it for next spring and I'm mentioning it because it's extremely highly rated by well over 95% of those who have vacationed there since it's opening - an unusual ocurrence. It's more costly by Mexican resorts standards for 5 star resorts, but judging by the photos of it -

(https://www.expedia.ca/Los-Cabos-Hot...el-Information)

it's nothing short of unbelievably fabulous, and very well worth it !

Have a look for yourself - Several reviewers have rated it well above a 5 star and almost all the reviews of it's food, services, rooms. etc. attest to that !

It's called 'spectacular' in all aspects - and a large number of people have already returned to it once or more times since their initial visit, or are planning for it to be the only all-inclusive resort they will go to/return to in future.

Sure sounds like one hell of a winner to us - so we're really looking forward to this one !

If you liked the album of photos of this place, you should read the reviews !!!
    Last edited by discuspaul; 08-09-2019 at 03:34 PM.

You know what, Paul. Not much could appeal to me less. If I could travel I would like to poke around, eat street food or restaurant food in hole in the wall places. That's way to fancy for my taste. I'm a poor but proud country bumpkin. Being catered to is not my style. But everyone is different in their taste.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    You know what, Paul. Not much could appeal to me less. If I could travel I would like to poke around, eat street food or restaurant food in hole in the wall places. That's way to fancy for my taste. I'm a poor but proud country bumpkin. Being catered to is not my style. But everyone is different in their taste.
    Well Liz - can't disagree about everyone being different.

I my case, I also did all of the things you mentioned above through my 20's up to & into my 40's, and truly enjoyed it - it certainly was an eye-opening learning process for me about the different peoples, cultures and lifestyles in this world of ours.

In these later years of mine however, I'm able to affordably take advantage of enjoying a more 'dolce vita'. LOL

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

I wish we could go. But our days of travel are over. For all you seniors who are still healthy enough to travel, be very thankful. It is a true blessing. The old saying "Health is Wealth" is very true.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jacob Poole

I really hope that we will be able to fly to Australia for a holiday in February. We planned this vacation a year ago, but the coronavirus changed many of our plans and we had to move the vacation to more stable times. We have long dreamed of visiting Australia, but unfortunately, tourism in this country ( as in many others) still suffers from the effects of lockdown. Therefore, we are now in search of the Best holiday houses for a large family and a golden labrador for 2 weeks. We will be glad to receive any of your suggestions and advice.
    Last edited by avalonstar; 01-18-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avalonstar View Post
    I really hope that we will be able to fly to Australia for a holiday in February. We planned this vacation a year ago, but the coronavirus changed many of our plans and we had to move the vacation to more stable times. We have long dreamed of visiting Australia, but unfortunately, tourism in this country ( as in many others) still suffers from the effects of lockdown. Therefore, we are now in search of the Best holiday houses for a large family and a golden labrador for 2 weeks. We will be glad to receive any of your suggestions and advice.
    I'll give it some thought - first though, it would help to know your location.
    Are you looking for a B & B type facility, or are you amenable to a rental home/villa ?

Registered Member

Due to the ongoing viurs, children Little Ricky and Ellie Mae in college with one possible PhD this fall, which is hugely expensive, a classic car pared in the garage in need of repairs that I may never get to, my bank accounts are in no condition for traveling. Although I might be committed to a late August trip to Vegas, which is nothing, that is my sad tale of travel woe. One the other hand because I for years worked for an airline plus added years serving in the US Air Force I have been almost everywhere in this world several times over anyway I have little desire to travel much of late.

Registered Member IamPhenomenal's Avatar
    Real Name
    Karl

I was planning to visit Spain this winter but it was snowing there too, lol.

Registered Member

I'm on a Stay vacation with the Covi-19 around my Alaska, Hawaii and Asia trip were cancelled, besides who's going to take care of my fish.

Cliff

Real Name
    Willie

My wife and I are huddled in the basement waiting for death...
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    harry g

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    My wife and I are huddled in the basement waiting for death...
    Willie you are COOL!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kirby

Aruba was always the winter destination choice for my wife and I........last year was our last trip though. My wife passed away unexpectedly 10 days after we got back last February. I know I'll go back eventually but who knows when. My brother in law went back and he says it's not the same. But they have great weather.....85 degrees and windy every day. My wife loved it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12