ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Rio Nanay's

Default Some Rio Nanay's

Ran into a few discus while browsing through a recent Peruvian shipment that came to town. After spotting these guys I had to have some and took a few home. Their doing well in quarantine and eating like hogs, quite cheap too! Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Some Rio Nanay's

Very nice ! Good luck with them.
    Rich

I've always liked the greens from the Nanay River. We used to have a sponsor years ago that brought in killer ones. I would love a tank of them!

These look great. Best of luck with them!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Thanks guys. They remind me of some fish I seen as a kid in a local LFS. I will be sticking to wilds this go around, they had decent shape and the price was right!

Lovely wilds.

Real Name
    Matt

Love wild greens, if I went back to wild discus I think that may be my choice.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Phil

"Ran into" those ...? You lucky SOB!! Lolol...

Those are awesome love the spots. Does that one have some bright green spots on it or is that your tank...?

Care to share more info on them? How many you have. Tank size and all. Would love to see
    More pics and a full tank shot

Again thanks.Ok I'll blab a bit...deep breath... I go to a local place to get most of my breeding stock from A To Z, he's known as Afishionados. Spencer Jack is the owner, he's not a discus fancier and openly jokes about it but he does cater to us from time to time. He organizes our local chronic fish nerd gatherings and brings in some good speakers, speaks himself too. I went there originally looking for a neat Cory or two but stumbled blindly into these. I love em to tell the truth, their nostalgia to me! Lol He had some smaller ones early in the collecting season but I was spending to much time at the cabin, I regretted passing on them and didn't make the mistake twice. I got first stab at approximately a dozen fish, I snagged a group of four. They were $75 each CDN funds and at 25% exchange rate for US dollars that be peanuts for you guys !! Lol. All are in a 40 gal cube I usually use to breed in but made a great quarantine tank for these fellas, they will remain here until I'm sure they are free of any issues. It's the end of collecting season and I don't think he's bringing in another Peruvian order but I really glad I got out of bed that day to be there when the doors opened. Few more pics, ...oh and that is algae and not green spots...lol my bad. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Phil

Are these your not discus ? What is your plan with them after QT?

Are these fish mine? Yes they are, all in pics are in my tank. After quarantine I plan to try and pair a couple. There are two that seam to have a thing going on but I'll wait a bit yet.
    Last edited by ColdPeg; 12-19-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Real Name
    Phil

I'm sorry my auto correct messed up my post. I assumed they were yours. Otherwise you brag well about others fish! Hah

I meant to say are these your only discus. Sorry about that !

Man if I were you I'd go snatch up a few more. At that price and the way they look I'm surprised you didn't take the dirty dozen.

No problem, happens to me all the time. Lol Yes they are my only fish right now, I sold all my discus and pairs a couple years ago to mass produce Angels and Rams of all sorts. I've since rid myself of all angel and ram stock and I'm back to what I truly enjoy...discus! I agree I should have taken a few more but I'm sometimes faced with priorities being a single parent, this was one of those times! I'm just glad I grabbed what I did because they are all gone, only consolation is IMO I got the gems! Lol I do have my eye on a couple nice wild Cameta's he has in another tank but I'll wait for his awesome Boxing Day sale for us locals, it's usually quite good!

Real Name
    Phil

You sure did get some gems!!! Keep the pics and posts coming. The spotting on them is so nice and they have some deep dark halos! Best of luck!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

You definitely picked out some nice greens Peg. Their spotting should get better as they settle in.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by ColdPeg View Post
    Again thanks.Ok I'll blab a bit...deep breath... I go to a local place to get most of my breeding stock from A To Z, he's known as Afishionados. Spencer Jack is the owner, he's not a discus fancier and openly jokes about it but he does cater to us from time to time. He organizes our local chronic fish nerd gatherings and brings in some good speakers, speaks himself too. I went there originally looking for a neat Cory or two but stumbled blindly into these. I love em to tell the truth, their nostalgia to me! Lol He had some smaller ones early in the collecting season but I was spending to much time at the cabin, I regretted passing on them and didn't make the mistake twice. I got first stab at approximately a dozen fish, I snagged a group of four. They were $75 each CDN funds and at 25% exchange rate for US dollars that be peanuts for you guys !! Lol. All are in a 40 gal cube I usually use to breed in but made a great quarantine tank for these fellas, they will remain here until I'm sure they are free of any issues. It's the end of collecting season and I don't think he's bringing in another Peruvian order but I really glad I got out of bed that day to be there when the doors opened. Few more pics, ...oh and that is algae and not green spots...lol my bad. Lol
    Beauties!! Love the one top left

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast