ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: using a house sump pump

Default Re: using a house sump pump

Quote Originally Posted by clark12 View Post
    well whats the outcome? i am in the process of looking for 2 different pumps. 1 being a sump to pump aged water out of a 55g barrel upstairs. i don't think that 1/6 hp wayne is big enough to do what i need but I'm curious to know how this is working for you. I'm pumping from the barrel up 12', across 35' and up 4' to tank. i will have hard pipe in certain areas that can stay but I'm unsure if i should stay at 1.5'' pipe until i get upstairs then 1'' or 3/4''..... or 1'' or 3/4'' all the way
    I use little giants all the time. Haven't for aquarium use but I use tons of them for other things. They are really nice durable pumps and come in many different sizes.

I use a little giant aquarium pump on my separate tanks. Looks like this. I can attach a 50' or longer, 3/4" hose to the outlet union when needed. Pumps up to the 2nd level of our house 50' away, with no problems.IMG_3837.jpg

-Leland

And can anyone please tell me how to post pictures in vertical orientation? I've tried everything I can think of. Lol

-Leland

the wayne is working out great for me but I go up about a flight and a half of steps then 4 feet up to the tank. You are going up 16' and a distance of 35'. Might be a bit much for that pump.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I use little giants all the time. Haven't for aquarium use but I use tons of them for other things. They are really nice durable pumps and come in many different sizes.
    i got my first pump. its a wayne pc4 external transfer pump. i can use this one to pull water out and put aged back in. I'm waiting on the rest of my parts for the 3/4'' tubing connections. once i get it hooked up and running i will post a pic. I'm psyched about this one. if it works as i thought i should be able to change 100% water in 15 minutes on my qt tank. my 75 main tank will be where i need to get the sump and a bit creative to get the water upstairs. i have a plan though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123