ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Best wishes for the season !

Default Best wishes for the season !

Here's wishing all of you a most pleasant & fulfilling Christmas day, and the ongoing enjoyment of a Happy & Healthy 2017 year !

Registered Member

Default Re: Best wishes for the season !

The same too you Ed

Real Name
    Ralph

Best of Holidays wishes to you Paul and Linda. Health and happiness in 2017...anything more is a bonus.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

and to you and yours

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks Paul. Merry Christmas to you and your family
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Thanks for the good wishes Ralph, Jack & Joe - much appreciated.

Now, I really didn't wish to bring Christmas dinner into this conversation, but I had to mention having taken to the idea a few days ago, of having a roast duck with a Grand Marnier sauce today, just for a change of pace from the usual turkey or ham, or roast chicken - whatever.

But that's what Linda & I did - and it turned out just great - that orangey citrus sauce with roast duck was just spectacular - hadn't had that for many, many years - with a mix of wild & brown rice, roasted brussel sprouts, and a real nice Beaune wine.

I think they call it "Duck A L'Orange".

Liz, I just know you would love this !

Anyway, I just hope all of you had a wonderful X mas day & enjoyed your dinner as much as we did - please let us know how you relished yours !

Real Name
    Phil

Happy Holiday's to you all! Thank you for the well wishes Paul, very kind of you!

Real Name
    Naz

Seasons Greetings and happy New Year!!!
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes Ralph, Jack & Joe - much appreciated.

Now, I really didn't wish to bring Christmas dinner into this conversation, but I had to mention having taken to the idea a few days ago, of having a roast duck with a Grand Marnier sauce today, just for a change of pace from the usual turkey or ham, or roast chicken - whatever.

But that's what Linda & I did - and it turned out just great - that orangey citrus sauce with roast duck was just spectacular - hadn't had that for many, many years - with a mix of wild & brown rice, roasted brussel sprouts, and a real nice Beaune wine.

I think they call it "Duck A L'Orange".

Liz, I just know you would love this !

Anyway, I just hope all of you had a wonderful X mas day & enjoyed your dinner as much as we did - please let us know how you relished yours !
    Hi Paul.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas dinner. I absolutely love duck, but unfortunately no one in my family appreciates it, so the only time l get to eat it as at restaurants and such. I would love to one day eat it as a home cooked meal.

We are a very large and close family, and every year for Christmas we have turns hosting Christmas lunch at our homes, with all my brother's and sister's families and mum and dad, nephews and nieces, boyfriends and girlfriends, about 30 odd people. If it was up to my wife Rita we would host it every year. She just loves cooking for Christmas and all the trimmings that go with it.

Since it is a large group we all pitch in with some home made dishes, and being European some favorites include pasta dishes. Lunch also usually includes roast turkey, chicken, beef, and lamb. Ham on the bone, and plenty of salads and veggies to choose from.

We usually start Christmas day with a visit from our kids and their families for per-lunch drinks and an opportunity to exchange gifts. Then its off for lunch to whoevers turn it is. This year it was at my brother's place who has a pool , and being summer some of us had a dip to cool off.

Being summer its always hot on Christmas day, so apart from drinking plenty of beer, its a good way to keep cool. We have to make sure we stay hydrated here in Australia

15697480_10154604488135266_9219856112796149360_n.jpg 15698237_10154603628775266_1637858616133014658_n.jpg mmexport1482799254933.jpg

15697980_10154603628600266_2746615914474457805_n.jpg
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Sounds wonderful, Joe - many thanks for sharing this with us, with photos no less !.

Our family does much the same thing every Xmas season - and just like you, there's usually 25 or 30 of us.

We take turns hosting the get-togethers and doing most of the cooking. Linda & I did it for many years, but now my daughter Diane has taken over hosting in recent years.

We don't however, have similar (reverse) seasons like you do, so there's no swimming in the pool for us, just shovelling snow from the sidewalk & driveway !!! LOL