AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Small Town Compassion...

Default Small Town Compassion...

The Holidays should be a time of joy and Happiness for people but some times they are not. We had a sad event this Christmas in my town.Lyla, A 9 year old girl lost her battle with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare cancer of the muscle cells on Christmas... she had been fighting for 7 years. I know the family as do many in our small town.

It was heart breaking as is anytime a child dies but what has been beautiful was the response by the town and people here. The school colors here are purple... when she passed away the town changed the christmas tree in the center from multicolor lights to all purple. And as you drive the roads there are purple ribbons and bows everywhere. It seems like such a little thing but its amazing the support the towns people are showing. I grew up in this town. I have often wanted to leave it.. but right now I am very very proud to be part of its community. I know that Lyla's family has a rough road ahead but I am glad that it won't be a road they will travel alone.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Small Town Compassion...

Thats an emotional story but I appreciate the share. We quite often don't reflect on these sad stories. We get caught up in our own lives and the "drama" when really our petty problems pale in comparison to the real issues of the world and the battles people face.

It is great to see a community support a family in need and more of the good stories that come after need to be shared

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

That's so sad Al. Its things like this that makes me appreciate my health and my families health. We have so much to be grateful for yet sometimes we let the smallest things upset us.
    I can't start to imagine what Lyla's family and friends are going through right now, but l'm sure its comforting for them to have the whole town's symphony and support.

Thanks for sharing.

dvam-purple-ribbon-silent-all-these-years-EjocPE-clipart.gif
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Matt

Things like this is always great to see or be a part of, really restores faith in humanity when today's world does the opposite. You hate it for the family, but it has to be comforting to have that community around you.
    -Matt

The small town I work in did something similar for a small child. It was summer, co no Christmas lights, but there were big bows of her favorite color on every home and business in town.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Ralph

It's with sincere sympathy to hear that little Lyla has lost the battle she fought her entire short life. Prayers and thoughts to the family and close knit community.
    I've seen way to many lose their battle over the years at our Sick Kids Hospital during our stays there when my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 9 years of age.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Prayers to the Family, and God Bless the people of this town for supporting the family in this horrible time. Little Lyla is no longer suffering and is in a better place.
    Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution;
    it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny. — Aristotle

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

It helps to restore one's faith in mankind when a community surrounds a family in such a dire situation. Many hugs and prayers to Lyla's family in this time of need and may the communities support offer some measure of peace.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening