AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A NEW YEARS WISH from me and SimplyDiscus....

Exclamation A NEW YEARS WISH from me and SimplyDiscus....

Hi all,
    SimplyDiscus has been here quite a while now. Its helped alot of people get started and get sorted out when they took a few wrong turns in the hobby. I like to think its played a very strong force in the Hobby. Maybe I'm biased as its owner but its what I think. I Know alot of people call the forum home and are regulars here as posters or readers. I know some have moved on to other hobbies or they just dont spend time on forums like they used to.I can't imagine how many people the forum has actually touched in some way...but Im sure its alot!

What I would really like to see is a thread just crammed full of SimplyDiscus members.... this thread. Stop by , say Hi. Post a pic if you want, share a memory.What ever you want. If you are on facebook and can post this to your groups without it being an issue, please share it there as well and link back to this thread so we can reach as many as possible. We travel in tight circles in this hobby...odds we are all still connected in some way. It would be awesome if we could get as many of the SimplyDiscus family to this thread.

Obviously its alot to ask....but Im sure even if it falls way short. It would be a great thread and would be great to hear from all our old friends where ever they are.

SO,Heres my official invite to everyone past and present on SimplyDiscus, Stop by,say Hello, and Happy New Year!

Al
    OWNER,SimplyDiscus
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: A NEW YEARS WISH from me and SimplyDiscus....

Mery Christmas and happy new year to you too Al , and to all past , present and future members of Simply discus and fellow discus keepers around the globe .

I just can't imagine the number of members , guests and visitors throughout this 16 years of exsistance of this forum . I'm sure that number is huge given the long history of the forum .

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

A very Happy New Year to all simply members new and old. I know this forum has had a huge impact on me personally and for me this place is a community, not just a fish forum. I have learned a lot, made many friends and hope to make many more.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Happy New Year Simply Discus people! Hope 2017 is going to be a wonderful year for us all. I have made so many good friends in the 8 years I have been here. SD is an important part of my life!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Happy New Year to you as well Al and all of your wonderful moderators!

Even though I just started in this hobby I do realize how valuable (and fun) this forum can be. From one of my very first posts asking what return pump would work in my sump, I knew that I found a place where people were as obsessed as I was. I could never have set up that aquarium so specific for Discus without the wisdom and advice of so many knowledgeable people. I have made some friends here, mostly people who have started about the same time as I did, who offer support and understand the frustration of wanting to do what is best for our Discus- that mistakes do happen and realize we are all still learning. That is what is so great about this forum as long as you are breathing, there is always more to learn.

The photos, tank journals and banter (friendly and sometimes not) makes this kind of a big, crazy family that spans the entire world. There is great joy, deep sadness, anticipation, sharing, technology, science, humor, sickness and the reward of vibrant beautiful health and sometimes the golden prize of fry! The sponsor section is also very valuable resource. I was able to find gorgeous, healthy stock that we all know are the key to success and the best nutritious foods to keep them that way that are just not available in Upstate NY- ever.
    My Discus are the heartbeat of my home and have enriched us by adding color and life to a space that was once cold and dark.

This breed of fish are like the center of a wildly spinning vortex that draws us all in- some members glow brightly in the center while others choose to spin off and away as time goes on, maybe bouncing back in from time to time to recharge. The great thing is Simply Discus is always here if we need help or just want to share and find people who don't glaze over at the very mention of Discus.

So a huge thank you to Al and all who help keep Simply going. This hobby would be nearly impossible without the support and resources that are found here. It has helped countless people (and fish) around the world.

So again, wishing a happy healthy New Year to everyone who keeps this forum spinning brightly for all to enjoy!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Rick

Happy new year to Everyone!

-Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy New Year and may you need to buy more grow out tanks on a regular basis!

I know my discus are very happy that I'm a member here!

Cheers!

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Morning everyone and welcome to the worse time of year.....Deer season ends Sunday here in Texas......

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Ricardo

Happy New Year to all! May the new year take you to new places
    DSC09594 by Ricardo Vasquez, on Flickr

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Happy new years everyone. Be safe and have fun.

Well here I am! Sorry I don't come more often.. been here since the beginning !
    Discus will
    Always be
    My first
    Love.
    I drool over pics on fb and always tempted but no space . I get basic fish farm
    Discus for resale at times

Just don't compare .
    all I can say is discus in north amaerica have
    Come a long ways since I started! So many great resellers with great customer service .
    I send customers here to
    Do their research before buying . Best
    Forum on the net!

Happy New Year to One & All Fellow Discus Enthusiasts Worldwide!

All the Best for a Great, Glorious, & Prosperous 2017!

new-2.jpg
    Last edited by DISCUS STU; 12-30-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Real Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by John_Nicholson View Post
    Morning everyone and welcome to the worse time of year.....Deer season ends Sunday here in Texas......

-john
    Sadness... How was the season in Texas?
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Real Name
    Ryan

Happy new year everyone. Thanks for all the info and teachings you've shared with me over the last year. Al.... You sir are "The Man".
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Here's wishing all of you Simply members a very healthy, happy, and prosperous 2017 !!
    Been hanging around this forum for years and love the wonderful camaraderie of all you good folks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast