AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sump filtration media

Real Name
    Jason

Default Re: Sump filtration media

I use a combination of `wet dry with bio balls` and `submersed ceramic media`, the ceramic media with all the little bubble holes is rated pretty high for surface area and relatively cheap. Watch the Zeolite.. don't add salt to the aquarium with that in there, it will release ammonia.

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Re: Sump filtration media

I don't use water test kits, so I can't say what my tank water levels are. All I know the way my 20G DIY sump is set up I have a 125G tank full of healthy fishes, that's the bottom line. Tank water enters the sump, first goes thru a layer of 10 ppi mattenfilter, drips down in chamber of micro K-1, thru an 20ppi / 30ppi mattenfilter (SwissTropicals.com), into last section with a old XP-3 filter tray of 2L of Seachem Matrix bio media. Also have my LifeReef bio reactor hooked up and filled with Marine Pure bio spheres. Last the water is pumped thru an Emperor Smart-Lite 40W UV, back to tank. I having crystal clear water and very low maintenance with the sump. All I have to do is 50% WC every third day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12