ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Stunted discus

Registered Member

Default Stunted discus

Hey guys, I was wondering if discus can be stunted to any size or wont be affected after a certain size. For example, if I grow out my fry to 3 inches and then slow down on water changes and feeding will they bexome stunted or just slow down on their growth? I am asking because I bought a few discus at around 3 inches and was doing about once a week water changes. Now that I am doing them every other day and feeding alot more I havent noticed any growth in a few months.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Stunted discus

Quote Originally Posted by J@Y137 View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if discus can be stunted to any size or wont be affected after a certain size. For example, if I grow out my fry to 3 inches and then slow down on water changes and feeding will they bexome stunted or just slow down on their growth? I am asking because I bought a few discus at around 3 inches and was doing about once a week water changes. Now that I am doing them every other day and feeding alot more I havent noticed any growth in a few months.
    Depends on their age. Max growth rate is the first six months of age and slows the next six months. At a year best to have them about 5.5 to six inches. They can grow some after a year old.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Mervin

Once stunted there is no return to normal growth.They will never catch up if this is what you mean.

Registered Member

Can they still grow a few inches or remain the same?