AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Wood and Bone

Registered Member

Default Wood and Bone

Some pics I took on full manual mode, which I'm pretty inexperienced with. Unfortunately, they looked better on the camera display than blown up. I'll have to keep some things in mind next time.

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: Wood and Bone

Very nice... Is that going in a tank??

Real Name
    Ricardo

Unfortunately I cannot see the pictures here at work. Will try to remember to check back on this at home.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

They look a bit dark/underexposed to me but would otherwise seem fine. What was the lighting here, natural or artificial? Manual is definitely a learning process coming from auto everything, just need to get a hang of the exposure triangle and how the settings plays with everything else.
    -Matt

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Very nice... Is that going in a tank??
    Thanks, the wood was purchased for a nano contest that my aquarium club is holding. Unfortunately, it's not going to fit in a standard 10 gallon like I planned. So... I may use the wood, I may use the skull, I may use neither... I have no idea at this point, haha.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot see the pictures here at work. Will try to remember to check back on this at home.
    Should I let them host on the forum as a general rule?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    They look a bit dark/underexposed to me but would otherwise seem fine. What was the lighting here, natural or artificial? Manual is definitely a learning process coming from auto everything, just need to get a hang of the exposure triangle and how the settings plays with everything else.
    Yes, I wanted them to be kind of dark... they looked very nice on the LCD screen on the camera, sharp with nice colors, but once in photoshop I could tell how blurry they were, and the colors were a little different as well. Using a tripod may have fixed the blur, but I think next time I will just shoot them a little brighter than I like on the LCD and then use photoshop to mess with brightness and colors. The lighting was just a ceiling fan, and a fish tank on one side of the room. It took me a while to get close to what I wanted in manual, but I got the hang of it somewhat for that shoot. Still life is nice for trial and error.

I love taking pics of old bones and fossils.. Love the textures and patterns. Those pics look very good. I think you could post process them into something really nice.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Thanks, Al. It's pretty blurry any larger than it is now. I'm not very experienced with post processing. I have photoshop for digital art but don't know much about using it for photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Thanks, Al. It's pretty blurry any larger than it is now. I'm not very experienced with post processing. I have photoshop for digital art but don't know much about using it for photos.
    Not promising anything here but if you want to email me the originals ,brewmaster15@comcast.net. I could try some post processing on it for you...give you an idea of what can be done.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images