post#17 Bala de Plata
post#20 Rogue Discus
Hello SimplyDiscus members and fellow waterchangers!! I would like to introduce our monthly photo contest for January/February and hopefully put everyone in the mood to do some awesome waterchanges. With the thought in mind that all of us SD members change a lot of water, and often, hopefully we can get great participation out of the theme for this month. This month's theme will be CANDID WATERCHANGE PHOTOS. Please submit your best shot related to your waterchange routine. Your photo does not even have to be a waterchange on a discus tank, feel free to post a waterchange being done to a different type of aquarium or of your hardware setup for waterchanges. Your choice as long as it is waterchange related. This month's winner will receive a very nice stainless ball valve with shipping paid. The type of ball valve can be seen here but the size/connections up to 2" can be accommodated for the winner's needs. http://www.tru-flo.com/qsm/products/...lves/1-pc-ibv/
See the normal rules and disclaimers below.
1. Please only submit one photo. Should you submit more entries, we will automatically use your first posted picture.
2. You must be the person that took the picture and have permission to use it.
3. Your submission gives us permission to use the photo for this contest, host it on an offsite location and post it in a poll on SimplyDiscus.
4. Post processing is allowed, ie Cropping, sharpening, color correction etc. The goal with PP should be to bring out the images natural beauty or appearance. We strongly encourage our members to make use of the Photo Centre's free information center to improve their skills. ..(http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...6-Photo-Centre) . Photos submitted must not have additional elements added that were not in the original image unless contest rules specifically allow for it.
5. No commenting please, comments can be deleted by moderators.
6. Since winners are determined by poll, all registered members of SimplyDiscus including Admins, Moderators, Sponsors, and Subscription holders are eligible to participate.
7. The contest will extend through February 18th and we will reserve the last 10 days of February for voting.
We have tried to anticipate all issues and make the rules clear and concise, but should an issue or problem arise we maintain all rights to resolve it as we see fit. You agree to this by your submission
Now get to changing some water!!!
Last edited by jmf3460; 01-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.
185 gallon freshwater tank with 55 gallon sump below. Top red valve = water in. Lower red valve = water out. So glad I installed this when setting up the new aquarium! I currently am doing 40% water changes every three days. Simple and fast.
You know how they say a picture is worth 1000 words? Well in my case it was 1000 cursewords. This set up and water change system has save me so much time and energy and grief every time I use it the only issue I have is wishing that I did it years before but as always better to find out now then a little bit later !!!
I can't compete with that super cute kid either! But I am posting the pic I used for my avatar for a bit. The colors are weird- I did not photo shop. My previous light would go blue on me every so often- I never figured out why but that day it was blue. I love how they sit patiently to wait for their sky to stop falling...
"You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields
I decided to join the fun.. wish I got one of them pecking my hands while vacuuming.
Last edited by rickztahone; 01-28-2017 at 01:34 AM.
I call this one before the wife comes home....
The water change cave! It's his "safe space." My fish hiding during my water change today.
Last edited by Lido; 01-31-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson