AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hate when a good pic gets away!

Default Hate when a good pic gets away!

If anyone is into wildlife photography you will relate. Theres a perfect picture but of course the subject has different ideas and doesn't want to be the star. I have always wanted to take a good pic of a coyote.They are everywhere here in CT but you rarely see them, just hear them. If you do see them they disappear the min they see you!

I was driving down some backroads and caught sight of one a few feet off the road. I pulled over, grabbed my camera ( I try and carry it now all the time) The lens was too small so I quickly changed it to a 300 mm lens and got out of the car. The Coyote was onto me by now and the min the door opened it was off through the woods.. I had one of those what the heck moments and chased after it hoping it would stop and look at me. And it did, once it was light years away, it stopped to look at me through the trees as it crossed a field. This was the best I could do...

IMGP8729_01 by Al Sabetta, on Flickr

Pretty disappointing, I was so far away and the lens was not exactly made for hand held.

Ah well another time maybe. I know the area its public open space. Locals there claim these are actually coy-dogs or even coy-wolves... hybrids or at least some are here. I may have to spend some time there.

I know its grainy and looks pretty bad, but when I crop this pic, I get an eery feeling, like this coyote was looking at me and saying "oh yeah, nice try buddy" or "Bet you can't catch me" . Who Knows. Certainly not one of my best pics, but I think its one of my favorites now.

IMGP8729 by Al Sabetta, on Flickr
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Default Re: Hate when a good pic gets away!

I know the feeling Al. Nice try, and better luck next time.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Matt

Al this is why you need to keep the telephoto on one of the 1000 bodies you have! LOL Or get you one of those window mounts you can just slip over a halfway rolled down window to act sort of as a tripod. I feel the same way and have always wanted a good shot of a Coyote, especially if it's near sunset with golden hour hitting it in the face, would be perfect!
    -Matt

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

That coyote appears to exactly saying that Al. Nice try BTW
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening