AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Greetings from Northern Michigan!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bill

Smile Greetings from Northern Michigan!

I have been keeping tropical fish since the mid-70's. I had a fishroom setup at one time and had minor success with apistos. Due to traveling for work i had to disassemble the fishroom and i am down to a 75G low-tech planted tank and one 75G reef aquarium. I have plans on setting up my fishroom again in 2017 and focus on breeding discus and rams.

The amount of information shared in this forum is amazing and i am looking forward to learning and sharing!

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Greetings from Northern Michigan!

Hi Bill,Welcome to SimplyDiscus!! If you are looking forward to keep Discus I suggest that you read all the stickies in the beginner's section and watch this video https://youtu.be/VXe3VKh7qF8
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

Default Re: Greetings from Northern Michigan!

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    Hi Bill,Welcome to SimplyDiscus!! If you are looking forward to keep Discus I suggest that you read all the stickies in the beginner's section and watch this video https://youtu.be/VXe3VKh7qF8
    Hi Akii, thanks for the suggestions. I am looking forward to watching Al's video.

I found out I was registered under two names - higginb and higgybaby. About 7 years ago I had to close down a small fishroom I had for raising apistos due to too much work related travel. I am in a new role now with less travel and plan on soon starting up my fishroom again. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the forum, I am sure a lot has changed in the 7 years I have been away from the hobby!
    Last edited by higgybaby; 01-20-2017 at 10:06 PM.