ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: aquariums and insurance claims

Default aquariums and insurance claims

based on some threads i was curious about home owners insurance and aquarium coverage, or damage to home from aquarium accident.

i asked my agent, got an very ambiguous answer. In short, it depends and case by case determination and it may or may not be covered depending on the nature of event.

so wondering if any of you have any experience with aquariums and insurance. the aquarium and fish themselves, or say a leak or overflow that caused damage to home.

Registered Member

Default Re: aquariums and insurance claims

If your agent cant explain what your hard earned dollars cover or not cover,time to find a new agent/insurance company.

I acquired my latest batch of discus from another member on here because she overflowed her tank when doing a water change and the insurance company would not cover another incident. She was sad to have to give them away but they at least covered the cost of the water damage to the flooring plus I think she said they gave her money to stay in a hotel for a bit.
    OC
    Visit my homestead....Discus Living with the OC

Most insurance companies will give you an add on rider for things that fall outside their normal home owners coverage. I have one for my camera gear and electronics for example. The key I believe is to be specific in what you want coverage on....then shop until you find someone that offers it.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Casey

Most policies cover water damage. I think one of the exemption na is you have to report tanks over a certain size.