AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Brothers new bush block

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: My Brothers new bush block

Light painting is very fun. You can do it with a small torch or a power flashlight like Stan shows above. You can always stitch in PS in PP and take the sky out of perfectly exposed frame and blend in. That is what I would do.

Nice shot Stan.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

And sometimes you can even do it with multiple exposures. Say you may not want the entire barn lit up the same way, so you'd light one side in one exposure, then do another, then another, etc and stack them in post processing at the end. This is how a lot of the car in a dark warehouse type of shot is done so they can make sure they get every part of the car lit how they want. Beautiful photos Stan, still on my capture wishlist.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Light "painting" is a lot of fun. You can do it with a small flashlight. Try it at home on a dark night. You need a tripod and will have to set your camera for a long exposure.
    For instance the shot above was set at 20 seconds. While the camera shutter was open, one of the members of our group took a small flashlight and passed the beam to cover just the barn, from about 15 feet away, "painting" the wood in several passes. Maybe 10-15 seconds of light.
    To get this shot it took many tries to get the barn just right.
    There is no recipe, just trial and error on the amount of light and shutter speed.

Here is a reject, to much light on the grass.

Attachment 106151
    Thanks for the clarification and example Stan. I think l will have a go at something in my backyard
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12