AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Re-scaping of my display tank

Real Name
    Dale

Default Re-scaping of my display tank

After years of having a mix of artificial and live plants, the lives were doing so well I went ahead and converted the entire 100 gal to live plants. Included are Amazon swords, Red Flame swords, Java Fern, Red Ludwigia(waiting to see how they do), Anubias, Frogbit, and a couple ivy root bundles from ivies covering the canopy. I run Current USA FW Satellite Pro for 6 hours a day and supplement with a couple G8 Halogen spot lights(under cabinet type) that give shimmering for ramp up and ramp down 2 hours on each end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    100 discus display * (2) 55 discus breeders * (4) 29 breeder tanks/fry tanks*
    (2) 55 discus grow out * 40 Hex discus * 265 saltwater predator tank *
    150 saltwater FOWLR * 75 gal reef * 20 coral frag

Registered Member scrappinjaime's Avatar

Default Re: Re-scaping of my display tank

It looks great!

Real Name
    Filip

Nice looking tank Dale . It looks kind of overstocked from the picture . Im guessing its a short lenght tank so thats why it appears a bit crowdy .
    Very nice looking rainbows Dale . How does your rainbows get along with discus under the same roof ?

Real Name
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Nice looking tank Dale . It looks kind of overstocked from the picture . Im guessing its a short lenght tank so thats why it appears a bit crowdy .
    Very nice looking rainbows Dale . How does your rainbows get along with discus under the same roof ?
    Its a 100gal tank, pic has 12 discus in it but have since pulled the red passion and lg pigeon blood since they have laid twice in the display tank, so now have 10 in 100gal.

Rainbows and discus get along just fine, rainbows are very active and add some flash to the tank.
    100 discus display * (2) 55 discus breeders * (4) 29 breeder tanks/fry tanks*
    (2) 55 discus grow out * 40 Hex discus * 265 saltwater predator tank *
    150 saltwater FOWLR * 75 gal reef * 20 coral frag