AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Introducing ME

Real Name
    Casey

Default Introducing ME

I am not sure I have ever really introduced myself properly on the forum.

My name is Casey, I am 33 years old and live in Sunny Southern California. I have been fishkeeping for basically my entire life. As long as I can remember my family had fish. We had two Oscars for the first 8-9 years of my life and it has just run a gauntlet of different types of fish keeping.

The first tank I can remember that was "mine." I was probably 12 or so and kept African cichlids. My hobby grew to a passion as I aged. When I entered college and studied Marine and Fisheries biology I began breeding fish. I started with African cichlids such as Moba Frontosa, Ruti Island Cichlids and trophies. I quickly found I had a passion for South American Cichlids. I took quite the liking to Geophagus. The first attempt at breeding was Bolivian Rams, then Geophagus Altifron. I then came acrossed this fish and just fell in love with them. Geophagus Rio Tapajos. The red cap, flag tails... man they were my pride and joy. I had a breeding pair of them that produced thousands of babies I sold to the LFS. They were just an incredible experience. I took the money I made and jumped into the "mysterious discus fish." And have been off and on for 8 years now.

I have had all types of aquariums and biotype tanks. I really have a love for fish.

If there is anything I can ever do to help or be a part of the greater fish keeping community let me know, I am always happy to be a part of great things.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Introducing ME

Hi Casey,
    Welcome to SD and thanks for the introduction. I'm sure folks will be glad to benefit from you experience.
    Steve
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.