AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cubed or loose black worms

Registered Member

Default cubed or loose black worms

still waiting on fish less cycle. back on looking at food, Al is back ordered on fdbw but aquatic foods has them. which feeds better cubed or loose FDBW? I'm getting a cone as well. also what quantity for 6 juvies? loose or cubed is 100 grams enough for awhile? also looking at getting a staple pellet and some sort of beef heart. for BH i might buy it from local butcher shop

Default Re: cubed or loose black worms

Wait till Al gets his back in stock. I much prefer the Australian to the Calif blackworms. I prefer loose but I think I'm in the minority. Buy the largest quantity you can because they are cheaper that way and have a great shelf life. I keep my excess in the freezer.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Quote Originally Posted by clark12 View Post
    still waiting on fish less cycle. back on looking at food, Al is back ordered on fdbw but aquatic foods has them. which feeds better cubed or loose FDBW? I'm getting a cone as well. also what quantity for 6 juvies? loose or cubed is 100 grams enough for awhile? also looking at getting a staple pellet and some sort of beef heart. for BH i might buy it from local butcher shop
    I started with loose but have switched to cubes. I use all the shake from my cubes and mix in autofeeder with flakes. I recently just started feeding Als blackworm pellets and my fish love them as well.

Forrests aquabites were also a really good pellet

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

i like the cubes too. so easy to press them to the glass and u can stick em on both sides of the tank if u have a bully (he cant guard both areas at once). i also get the loose ones and put them in an eheim auto feeder for while im at work. fdbw r my guys fav food by far.

Registered Member

thanks for the replies. i will message Al and see how long the backorder is. i think i will start with cubes but that is a good idea Kyla with the loose ones in the auto feeder. also almost forgot about forrests aquabites, thanks Ryan

thanks for the replies. i will message Al and see how long the backorder is. i think i will start with cubes but that is a good idea Kyla with the loose ones in the auto feeder. also almost forgot about forrests aquabites, thanks Ryan
    Al is great. Last time he was back ordered he still had me what I needed inside of a week

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Al is great. Last time he was back ordered he still had me what I needed inside of a week
    when you order cubes how many ounces do you get? same for loose and how long does that last? I'm just looking for a rough estimation. 1 month, 3 months. thanks Ryan

when you order cubes how many ounces do you get? same for loose and how long does that last? I'm just looking for a rough estimation. 1 month, 3 months. thanks Ryan
    You know that's a really good question lol. I believe I ordered 200g of cubes last time. Feeding three cubes twice per day lasted me a few months I believe.

Actually looked it up. I ordered 200g cubes with spinach in October just reordered beginning of march

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    You know that's a really good question lol. I believe I ordered 200g of cubes last time. Feeding three cubes twice per day lasted me a few months I believe.

Actually looked it up. I ordered 200g cubes with spinach in October just reordered beginning of march
    that helps a lot thanks. another question i see you've ordered from forrest, sounds stupid but I've never ordered from him or used paypal. i want to place an order but don't know where to start. any help

that helps a lot thanks. another question i see you've ordered from forrest, sounds stupid but I've never ordered from him or used paypal. i want to place an order but don't know where to start. any help
    He has a thread here for aquabites. It has the ordering instructions. I believe you paypal him the money and what you want then post on his thread and let him know. Paypal is really quite simple and a great secure way to pay for things

Registered Member

I'm sure you got your food by now but I used california bw against ALs and side by side there is no comparison the california barely got a sniff when fish were done destroying als they grabbed the other mouthed it and spit it out

Registered Member

I placed a order on Saturday from Al and to my surprise I had them on Monday.

Mark

Registered Member

i am going to order from Al, STILL waiting on fish less cycle so i missed Kennys april stock. now i have another month to figure things out

You know, If you have the ability to change a ton of water every day you can just add the fish to the tank and change water until the filter catches up. I had 4 big adult discus in a 30 gallon QT tank with an sterile filter. I was prepared to do flopping on the bottom WC twice daily but the fish were fine with flopping on the bottom just once a day. After not too long, I only had to do a 50% WC once a day. This is the easy way but you have to know Discus well enough to tell whether or not they are happy.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    You know, If you have the ability to change a ton of water every day you can just add the fish to the tank and change water until the filter catches up. I had 4 big adult discus in a 30 gallon QT tank with an sterile filter. I was prepared to do flopping on the bottom WC twice daily but the fish were fine with flopping on the bottom just once a day. After not too long, I only had to do a 50% WC once a day. This is the easy way but you have to know Discus well enough to tell whether or not they are happy.
    I've never had them before so i better play it safe. i am prepared to do full tank water changes daily. waiting on nitrites to be gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast