AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Greetings from India

Registered Member kunaldiscus01's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Red face Greetings from India

Hello discus geeks!
    This is Kunal Sharma from India.I have been keeping fish (basically cichlids) for over 11 years now when I was 8,and have bred many a species.
    Discus have always fascinated me,particularly the wild varieties(blue face nhamundas and curipera reds) and I really enjoy learning about discus history (say articles from Jack Wattley & Schmidt Focke).I started first time with discus in 2015 and failed miserably.I was cheated on by the dealer who promised to get me 6 AAA quality Malaysian discus,while the ones I received were stunted and came in with sunken bellies and pinched forehead.Well that was a significant loss,atleast for a student who puts aside pocket money to buy discus lol.
    I didn't give up though and brought two discus again in Dec,2016,which I personally selected from a local broker.I am pleased to finally hand on some quality stuff this time.Meanwhile I am summing up money as I plan to buy some Tony tan discus in September,and yeah also doing my homework.Long way to go!
    On another note,I have a member here on simply for quite a while now,but never really got the opportunity to start a thread.So please bear with me.Oh and I must add I am fan of this forum,easily the best place to learn about discus .You guys go a great job and put together alot of valuable information gained through practical experience.So Thanks to everyone to put the efforts to keep this forum running.Apologies for a long thread lol. :-)

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Greetings from India

Hi Kunal Welcome to SimplyDiscus.No better place to learn about Discus and it seams to me that you are on the right track.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Casey

Welcome and good luck sir!

Welcome to simply

Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Thanks everyone.I am learning daily and theres alot to time to get where I want.

Greetings! Glad you finally posted! When you are ready, make sure to post pictures of your Discus and your tank/set up for us. We love pictures. You have found the best Discus forum. Tons of great information and a really nice group of people from all over the world. I am very thankful for everything I have learned and am still learning here so far. Enjoy!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Kunal Sharma

Thanks Jenene.I will post the pictures when I can :-)
    Kunal Sharma

You can't imagine the discus world without simply discus!

Real Name
    Patty

Hi Kunal,
    I am new to healthy discus keeping and learned it all through the good people here. There really is no better place to learn about these crazy beautiful fish! Let's see those pictures!
    Patty