AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Help with cutting tubes to size on a Fluval Roma 240 tank & Fluval 406 filter

Registered Member

Default Help with cutting tubes to size on a Fluval Roma 240 tank & Fluval 406 filter

Hi,
    I posted a while back saying i was having issues with a lot of rubbish coming out of the outlet on my tank after doing cleans, at the time it was mentioned to maybe put a sock over the outlet when i first turn it on to catch it all, and also to clean the tubing from the filter to the tank, up to now i have just been using the sock.

My tank is the fluval roma 240 which has the built in outlet / inlet tubes on the right side of the tank, not the ones that hang over.
    The tank come with the fluval 306 filter which i upgraded to the 406, i had also been having an issue with the filter being bigger it caused more of a S bend in the tubes, possible lower flow rate and also some splash back when i take the aquastop valve off the filter.

The other day i was about to try and give cutting the tubes and cleaning them a go but then when i was looking at them, if i remember correctly the rubber is fixed to the tubing, as circles in yellow on the below pic:

http://imgur.com/a/ldO7z

So i stopped what i was doing wondering what i am supposed to do, how would i fix the rubber back to the tubing again, or are both ends not fixed? its been a while since i put it all together i can't remember, in the box of my new 406 filter there was a tubing kit, and these seem fixed and cannot just pull the rubber off.

So how am i best cutting these tubes to length, I’m not sure i really get the best way to do it.

Any advice would be great.

James

Default Re: Help with cutting tubes to size on a Fluval Roma 240 tank & Fluval 406 filter

https://www.bigalspets.com/fluval-ri...FciNswod3X4CUw

pretty sure these are what you need....if you can't re-use the ones you have.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Default Re: Help with cutting tubes to size on a Fluval Roma 240 tank & Fluval 406 filter

i had this same issue when i was shortening our hoses. i got the little rubber ends (same ones in that link al posted) and they worked great. had to get help from my husband putting the rubber ends over the ribbed hosing tho cuz i wasnt strog enough to do it on my own lol!