ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Greetings All - I am from India

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Koushik

Smile Greetings All - I am from India

Hello All discus keepers!
    I am Koushik from India.I have been keeping fish for over 17 years now,and have bred many species successfully. I started first time with discus in 2009 (8 snakeskin blue), but in a bare-bottom tank and raised them from 1.5 inch to 5 inch. Later lost them due to shifting my house from one place to another. Now again started my second project. It will be a 4X2X2 (120g) planted tank. Currently the Stand making is in process, once I get it, I will start with the tank. Currently I have 2 other tanks, one with RCS (red cherry shrimps) and Neons (neon tetras) and another is with few assassin snails and molly. Both are planted and doing very good for the last few years.

I am fan of this forum,easily the best place to learn about discus .You guys are doing a great job by sharing a lot of valuable information gained through practical experience. So Thanks to everyone to put the efforts to keep this forum running

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Greetings All - I am from India

Koushik Welcome to SimplyDiscus. Keep us posted with pictures of your setup.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Koushik

I have received the table, it's made up of 1.5 inch L Shaped Iron bracket. Right side will be used for housing canister filter and the left side for storing foods, medicines, etc. (in the racks). Also, bought a can of matt black spray paint, which I will be painting with, once the primer dries out.

Some of the images below (sorry for the crappy images taken with iphone) -

IMG_0801.JPGIMG_0803.JPGIMG_0804.JPGIMG_0805.jpg
    Last edited by RogueDiscus; 02-18-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: removed reference to deleted post

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Koushik

Updates on my tank can be found in the following link -

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ed-discus-tank

Thanks everyone