AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much food?

Real Name
    Jörgen

Default Re: How much food?

So I've tried to reduce te amount of food to the examples in this thread. I can tell the bioload is lower (less algae and poop). But they sure seem hungry. For example the 10 of them will eat 4 grams of BH in 1-2 min. The bellies start to show but they will be right up at the surface begging for more.

With Tetra Bits two bits per fish will be gone in 30 seconds. They will probably eat 10 bits per fish in a couple of minutes.

I guess I'm just not experienced enough, but it's hard to determine whether to feed them more or not. They seem hungry and I don't want to hinder their growth. But they always seem hungry, and never leave any food uneaten. At the same time I don't want to foul the water unnecessarily...
    Last edited by LoGeek; 03-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Real Name
    Jason

I think it sounds like you're doing OK, you'll find the balance for your tank and fish. If you're worried add another small feeding. They always beg.

i'm still feeding the same amount i mentioned above, they are doing fine. still spawning. only about 4 grams of BH mix once a day. and the 1/4 teaspoon of dry from autofeeder (the discus don't bother with)

i'm wondering if i needed to feed them as much as i did the 1st 12 months to get them to grow...oh well, done now.

Registered Member

good for you Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12