AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Need advices.

Registered Member

Default Need advices.

Hi,
    I am new to wild discus and planning a set up in the second half of the year.After reading a bit,i found some discuses come from blackwater tributaries while some from more clearwater ones.
    Is it ok to mixing them? Can i put a discus which grew up in a blackwater environment in a normal one and vice versa?

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Need advices.

Yes you can. Most wild discus will have been acclimatised before they get to you. Keep reading the posts here on wilds - there are many examples of how people are keeping them.

Real Name
    Casey

There are some great sponsors here that sell top quality wild discus. There are many threads here that can help you to learn about how to keep wild discus.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Real Name
    Willie

Back when I raised Heckels, I found that they did much better with pH < 5.0. To do that, I had to keep them in 100% R/O. Under those conditions, they were noticeably more colorful and more lively. I can't say that this is true for all Heckels, but that's been my experience.

I've also raised Greens and Browns and they thrived in soft water around pH 7.0, ~150 ppm hardness.

Willie
    At my age, everything is irritating.