ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: VIDEO: My 6 new Piwows ( 5 red spotted snakes and 1 snakeskin brown)

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Default VIDEO: My 6 new Piwows ( 5 red spotted snakes and 1 snakeskin brown)

CLICK HD!!!... can be found while scrolling over the little "Settings" button

Been waiting a long time for these to become available in the US. I preordered 4 snakeskin red / red spotted (I call them red spotted snakes) but I ended up going to pick them up from Bryan at Discus N More which resulted in my getting another one of them and one snakeskin brown just because I was very intrigued by the strain. All in all I have 6 new beautiful Piwows and I took this video today right after they went through my acclimation process. Their colors have continued to develop today and I am sure that they will only get more beautiful.

Let me know what you think!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Default Re: VIDEO: My 6 new Piwows ( 5 red spotted snakes and 1 snakeskin brown)

This is an adult Piwow red spotted snakeskin. I believe he used this pair for breeding so hopefully I get some that look like this stunner.

IMG_3896.jpg

Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: VIDEO: My 6 new Piwows ( 5 red spotted snakes and 1 snakeskin brown)

Nice Greg. I'm interested in what you called a snakeskin brown. Is that the one that appears to be bar-less? I got a few that look similar from my snakeskin pair; bar-less. I'd never heard of them before. Wondering what to expect from them. Are they a common result from snakeskins?
    Steve
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiscus View Post
    Nice Greg. I'm interested in what you called a snakeskin brown. Is that the one that appears to be bar-less? I got a few that look similar from my snakeskin pair; bar-less. I'd never heard of them before. Wondering what to expect from them. Are they a common result from snakeskins?
    Steve
    I've never seen them before. I believe it is a new strain from Piwow. It doesnt have any bars yet is still considered snakeskin. I bought it because I couldnt resist raising it to see how it looks as it grows.

Real Name
    Steve

I've kept mine for that reason, too. Maybe I can start my own strain
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg Biggiani

Update on the Piwows.... looking much more perky and colorful on day 4

Click HD on the settings button

Real Name
    Steve

Hey Greg,
    Any updates on how these are progressing? Has the brown snakeskin ever developed any bars or pattern? I'm thinking about ordering some and was wondering how you liked them.
    Last edited by smsimcik; 04-27-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Real Name
    Sean

They look like face spotted eruption snakeskins or face spotted leopard snakeskins to me.