NADA     Australian Blackworms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 x 2 x 2 planted discus tank

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Abi

Default Re: 3 x 2 x 2 planted discus tank

I started 2-2.5 inch juvis about 7 weeks ago. Almost all the fish have poor eye-to-body ratio, so have been researching many tank journals and noticed that at this age eye-to-body ratio is off for almost every fish pic I have come across on simply and it is also clear that they look way different and better as they grow... they color up and get rounded. So I don't think you should be worried about that at this age either.

What I am curious about now is, when the juvi's will start rounding up, at what age?

Mine are all growing well, some have gotten bigger than others which is natural and expected but there is one guy who is way too off, he is tiny and I him to be stunted, only time can say. As of now they are all coloring up well but yet to round up ... hoping to see that happen sooner than later!

I am no expert and just sharing what I analyzed. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by abijitr; 08-12-2017 at 08:01 AM.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abijitr View Post
    I started 2-2.5 inch juvis about 7 weeks ago. Almost all the fish have poor eye-to-body ratio, so have been researching many tank journals and noticed that at this age eye-to-body ratio is off for almost every fish pic I have come across on simply and it is also clear that they look way different and better as they grow... they color up and get rounded. So I don't think you should be worried about that at this age either.

What I am curious about now is, when the juvi's will start rounding up, at what age?

Mine are all growing well, some have gotten bigger than others which is natural and expected but there is one guy who is way too off, he is tiny and I him to be stunted, only time can say. As of now they are all coloring up well but yet to round up ... hoping to see that happen sooner than later!

I am no expert and just sharing what I analyzed. Hope this helps.
    I think around 4"-4.5 they will have round shape but still get better as they grow. If you have one that's behind, which there usually is, don't give up on that runt. Take a look at my thread here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...und&highlight=
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Registered Member
    iTrader
    Real Name
    Abi

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I think around 4"-4.5 they will have round shape but still get better as they grow. If you have one that's behind, which there usually is, don't give up on that runt. Take a look at my thread here.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...und&highlight=
    Thanks Ryan! Of course, I have researched your thread thoroughly... have learnt a lot from it as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12