AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Eruption Discus in its last days?

Registered Member

Default Eruption Discus in its last days?

I started this thread since in my last thread I have not found a solution for my sick eruption. A few weeks after I am now posting this new thread with video maybe there is a slim chance for it surviving ?

I have now transferred it in a hospital tank. Fish is not eating. Parameters of Hosp tank:

Temp 30degrees celsuis
    PH 6.9
    Amm: 0.02
    Nitrite: 0
    Nitrate: 5 to 10ppm

Youtube Video link of sicj fish below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2wp...&feature=share

Link to my original thread with all questions of the quistionnare answered:
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t=#post1250859

Many thanks for any help.

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Eruption Discus in its last days?

Like your post title says in its last days,I am afraid that it might be too late to save this one.Maybe someone has some suggestions.When I am treating a sick Discus I have the tank in almost darkness.
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

Default Re: Eruption Discus in its last days?

The fish died some hours later.

I am worried because I have another fish which sometimes starts breathing from one gill and is not eating, it shows no other signs of stress or illness apart from the fact that her partner male is more colourful.

I am worried because the fish hasnt eaten normally for some weeks now. The rest it all looks normal and shows interest in food but does not eat.

I am not sure what to do to help the fish. I have tried Artemia, 2 different kinds of beefheart and pellet food but nothing, the fish will not eat.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks
    Keith