ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: A Peek Under the Hood

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default A Peek Under the Hood

Just a little video of filter system and 125G tank, thanks for looking. https://youtu.be/QxWMJrUIjes

Default Re: A Peek Under the Hood

Great video Roland! Your system is really thorough- you can see it in your invisible water. Obviously your gorgeous fish are happy with their cone full of eggs!
    Is that a coffee filter that your Purigen reactor feeds back into? Very clever!
    One last question- did you make the egg crate platform your media is sitting on? If so how did you attach the legs? I have tried all sorts of things and they keep falling off!
    Nicely done- thanks for sharing it!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Yes that is an coffee filter and the egg crate platform was made using super glue to assemble. Thanks Jenene for comments, also very low maintenance with the sump.

Quote Originally Posted by farebox View Post
    Yes that is an coffee filter and the egg crate platform was made using super glue to assemble. Thanks Jenene for comments, also very low maintenance with the sump.
    Low maintenance is key. I think I have got mine almost dialed in although it is much plainer than yours it seems to be getting the job done now. It went through many transformations and tweaks. I love seeing how other people go about it. I wish I knew enough to make my own when I started out. I was too chicken.

I am putting superglue on my shopping list. Each time I clean my sump those little legs pop off and float to the top. I just keep swiping them out. Have a small pile to glue back on. Silicone and hot glue were fails. Thanks for the tip!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields