ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes - I am SOOOOO hungry!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Recipes - I am SOOOOO hungry!

Missed my lunch break. If I could eat anything right now, I could go for a nice club sandwhich with a coke.

If you could have anything to eat right now, what would it be?

Edit 04/05/16:
    Since the creation of this thread, it evolved in to a recipes thread as well. The following are ALL the recipes included in this thread.

This will be the format for each recipe

-Title of Recipe
    -Who wrote the recipe
    -A link to the actual place in the thread where you can find the recipe

-The recipe itself

Here we go:

-Scallops Vera Cruz!
    -Paul (discuspaul)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1206862

-If you love scallops, here's a must try recipe for Scallops Vera Cruz ! -
    The secret is in the very simple, but delicious Cool Green Chili Sauce:

Here's what you'll need:
    - 4 to 6 Jumbo Sea Scallops per person - (try this for 4 persons - so, say 20 Scallops)

Rub for the Scallops:
    - 1/2 tspn or so, each of:
    - Chili Powder
    - Paprika
    - Kosher Salt
    - Ground Cumin
    - Dried oregano

Green Chili Sauce:
    - 1 large Anaheim Pepper (or Poblano Pepper)
    - 2 green onions roughly chopped (root ends discarded)
    - 1/3 cup chopped parsley ( or cilantro if preferred)
    - 1 small garlic clove
    - 1/3 cup sour cream
    - 1/3 cup mayonnaise
    - Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime and it's juice
    -1/4 tspn. kosher salt

Anaheim ( or Poblano) Pepper:
    - slice out the stem end - cut in half lenfthwise - discard interior ribbing & seeds - lightly oil the Pepper and place both halves skin side up on an oven proof tray and bake @ 400 for approx. 15 mins. or so until somewhat blackened (Turn on broiler element for last 2 mins. to hasten/finish the blackening).
    Place the Pepper halves in a paper bag to cool, then remove meat from outer blackened skin(discard skin) & roughly chop up the pepper meat.

Place the baked Pepper parts along with all the other sauce ingredients (green onions, garlic, parsley, sour cream, mayo, lime zest & juice, salt) in a food processor or blender, & process to make a fairly smooth sauce - & refrigerate till ready to plate with the sautéed jumbo scallops.
    (Add a little water or lime juice if sauce is too thick).

Pan-fry the scallops (coated with the above rub) over med-high heat (in a bit of veg oil & butter) until well-browned, turn over and brown the other side. (2-3 minutes or so each side).
    Place a heaping spoonful of the refrigerated chili sauce unto each plate & spread around sufficiently to accommodate placing the 5 scallops for each person unto the sauce.

Serve with cooked basmati rice & whatever favorite side veg dishes you might want - along with a glass of chilled white wine, and enjoy !! Try it, you'll love it & want to have it again - guaranteed !

addendum: Paul went on to say this later:
    Quick note for all of you who want to try the Scallops recipe, and may not know that most scallops (whether fresh or frozen) still have a small tough muscle piece attached to the side of each scallop - you can't miss it - they should be removed & discarded. Some scallop packers remove them for sale, but it seems most do not.

----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------

-Boiled Peanuts
    -Matt (Discus-n00b)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1206908

-Oh I don't cook them myself usually. I stop at one of the many little roadside stands people setup out of the back of their truck and get them, like you'd do with fruit or firewood. Not sketchy at all! They'll usually be in a ziploc or small paper bag. Caviar of the south!

All you need is water, salt, and raw in-shell peanuts! Salt amount varies, I've seen 1/2 cup all the way up close to 2 cups (I think this is generally for 3-5lbs raw peanuts). I prefer them salty, it would be regret if you go to eat them and they are not salty enough. Depends on pot size, how much you are cooking at once, and amount of water I guess. You can always change it up during the process as you will be cooking for ~3 hours probably (give or take depending on freshness of peanuts). Scoop some out while they are cooking, you need to check tenderness anyway, check salt while you are at it!

It really is a pretty tailor made process for each person. People add salt at certain times, people boil at certain times, etc but the general process is:
    -Take your peanuts, rinse/wash them until water runs clear
    -Add them to a pot with plenty of water and mix in your salt (some people soak/brine their peanuts before this as well)
    -Bring to boil then simmer for around ~3-4 hours stirring every so often and top off any water
    -Remove once peanuts and shells are soft
    -Drain then eat and enjoy warm or cold!

I know some people don't add their salt and seasonings until about halfway through when the shells and nuts start getting soft. You can add any seasoning you want. Cajun flavored is becoming popular, add some spice to it. I prefer plain ones myself, just salt for me. Not a very technical guide but like I said, people vary it so much that it really is a fluid process.

----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------

-Meat Loaf
    -Liz (LizStreithorst)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1206935

-Mix together 3/4 lb ground chuck, 1/4 lb ground pork (I often use choriso or Ctalian sausage instead), 1/2 c onion, 1/2c green pepper, 1/3 c quick cooking oatmeal, 8 oz salsa, and 1 egg. form into loaf.
    For topping mix together 1/3 c ketchup, 2 tablesppons brown sugar, 1 tablespook good mustard. Slather over top of loaf and bake at 375 for 1 hour.

-Bavarian Pot Roast
    -Liz (LizStreithorst)
    -http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?123805-Recipes-I-am-SOOOOO-hungry!&p=1207064&viewfull=1#post1207064

-Bavarian Pot Roast:

Brown a 3 lb chuck roast in 2 T oil
    combine 1 1/4 c water, 3/4 c good dark beer, 8 oz tomato sauce, 1/2 chopped onion, 2 T sugar, 1 T vinegar, 2 t salt, 1 t ground cinnamon, 1/2 t ground ginger, 1 bay leaf. Pour over meat and bring to a boil
    Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hrs until meat is tender. Remove bay leaf. thicken sauce with corn starch mixed with water if necessary

This is easy as can be and absolutely to die for. Freezes well, too.

-Jambalaya
    -Liz (LizStreithorst)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1207070

-Jambalaya:

Preheat oven to 350.
    Pat dry 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs in 2 T oil and remove. Add 1 lb anadoullie sausage or other cajun sausage, 1 lg chopped onion, 2 ribs diced delery, 1/2 red and 1/2 green pepper diced, 1/2 t dry thyme, 1/4 t marjoram,1/4 t paprika, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t cayenne. Cook till onions are tender add 1 1/2 c raw rice, one can diced tomatoes with juice, 2 c home made seafood stock and bring to a boil.
    dump it into a large casserole, top with chicken, cover and bake 40 min or until rice is tender. Take out of oven and stir in 1/2 lb shrimp and 2 T chopped green onions, cover and put back in oven for 5 to 7 minutes until shrimp turns pink.

This makes enough to feed an army. I generally cut the recipe in half and still have several meals plus extra to freeze. I was surprised that it does freeze well. When I reheat it, I remove the shrimp and warm it covered over a low flame and add the shrimp back in when it's hot so as not to turn the shrimp rubbery.

There's a good bit of prep work involved but it comes together fast if you have all your spices already measured out and all the chopping and dicing done in advance.

-Cannelloni
    -Paul (discuspaul)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1207190

-CANNELLONI

The "Queen Mother" of all pastas - Simply Delicious
    !
    Cannelloni Wraps - (The Pasta itself):

Most people use store-bought cannelloni 'tubes' (brands: Barilla, Primo, Kraft - whatever). Many are sold as being "Oven-Ready" - but don't be fooled - they may turn out too hard after baking. Partially pre-boil the tubes in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes to soften them up. Remove from water and allow them to cool before filling.

Other options are to use fresh large, flat, thin sheets of Lasagna pasta, cut to the size you wish, and rolled up after filling. Similarly, one can also use wonton wrappers, rolled up after filling. (No pre-boiling needed in either case).

The Cannelloni Filling Ingredients - (Will make approx. 2 dozen or more cannellonis - freeze whatever you don't use initially. Note: A box of cannelloni tubes usually contains around 24 tubes.)

- Approx. 3/4 - 1 lb. ground veal, or beef, or pork, or any combination thereof, seasoned with S. & P., and 1/2 tspn. of ground nutmeg when cooking.
    - 1 lb. carton of frozen spinach leaves, thawed, squeezed well to remove most excess water, and roughly chopped.
    - 8 oz. (225 grams) carton of ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese, along with 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese (preferably Parmagiano Reggiano) .
    - Approx. 1/3 cup of each of finely grated carrot, finely diced celery and finely diced onion, along with 2 finely minced garlic cloves.
    - One egg, and 1/3 cup of chicken broth, or cream.
    - Optional - 1/4 cup white wine.

Instructions:

In a suitably-sized stove-top saucepan, saute the seasoned ( s. & p. and nutmeg) meat in a dab of olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes or so until cooked white, add the onions, carrot, celery, and garlic (and the white wine if using) and cook for a few more minutes until softened and mixed in well with the meat.

Allow this mixture to cool, then add the spinach, ricotta & parmesan cheeses, the egg, and the 1/3 cup of either chicken broth, or heavy cream, (as a moistening/flavoring agent), and mix all together well to produce a fairly soft filling mixture.

Fill all the cannelloni tubes with the filling mixture (rather loosely - not too heavily packed in), and place as many tubes as you wish for a meal (suggest 3 -4 tubes per person) in an ovenproof corning ware baking dish. First cover the bottom of the dish with a 1/4” layer of either milk, or cream. The dish should be just large enough to hold the number of tubes you are baking, loosely placed side by side. ( Any remaining filled tubes can be frozen in a zip lock bag for use on another occasion).

The White Sauce Topping: - Béchamel

- In a stovetop saucepan, on medium heat, place 1/4 cup of butter, melt, then add 1/4 cup of flour, whisk in well, and begin adding up to a cup or more of milk to make a very lightly thickened sauce, in which you then add 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, and 1/3 cup of other grated white cheese of your choice - (either Fontina - Provolone - Havarti, as examples) - and 1/2 tspn. nutmeg - and continue whisking on heat until the finished product is a relatively thin sauce.

You want to add sufficient milk to avoid a fairly thickened sauce so that the cannelloni, once baked, is still quite 'liquidy', and not partially dried out & curdly. This is important, as you want to ensure you have a wet, fairly runny sauce still remaining over the cannelloni tubes when done.

Allow the sauce to cool.

Pour the cooled sauce over the cannelloni tubes, and additionally drizzle 1/4 cup or so of cream (whipping cream or other) all over the top of the pasta dish. Then thinly sprinkle some more grated parmesan cheese on top.
    (The sauce with the added cream, should be just enough to lightly cover the tubes.)

Bake @ 350 for approx. 30-40 minutes until bubbly & beginning to brown slightly on top. Enjoy!

Don't be intimidated by the recipe length or the seeming complexity of this dish. It's actually quite easy, and well worth every bit of time & effort that goes into it - guaranteed !

-"untitled"
    -Liz (LizStreithorst)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1207309

-This is so good it shouldn't be this easy.

Slice an onion and put it in the bottom of a crock pot.
    Season 4 bone in chicken thighs first with salt, then pepper, then paprika. (you can overdo the salt if you're too heavy handed but you cannot overdo the pepper and paprika). shake off the excesses seasoning.
    Put thighs in crook pot. Pour in 1/2 c water. Cover and cook on high for 8 hrs.
    Take chicken out and remove bones when it's cool enough.
    Mix 3/4 c sour cream into liquid.
    Thicken liquid with flour mixed with with water if necessary.
    put chicken back in and mix it all well.

good over egg noodles or rice.

-"How to cook and clean a Dungeness crab"

-link provided by Paul (discuspaul) but YouTube recipe provider "Becky Selengut"

addendum: Paul went on to say this later:
    Good for you - I use 3 different types of melted butter sauce for dipping the crab pieces into:
    a) Lemon butter ( approx. equal parts melted butter and lemon juice)
    b) White wine butter ( same mix ratio as above)
    c) Garlic butter ( melted butter with finely chopped (or squeezed through a garlic press) garlic clove(s) - 1 or more
    depending on your tastes.
    Take your pick - they're all tasty - depends what your family likes. I sometimes add a couple of dabs of hot sauce to the melted butter I'm using.

-Marinade for grilled meats
    -Paul (discuspaul)
    -http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?123805-Recipes-I-am-SOOOOO-hungry!&p=1207490&viewfull=1#post1207490

-Since you bring up the topic of 'steaks', and as warmer summer weather and great grilling time will soon be upon us, here's a simple but 'crazy good' marinade for grilled rib or loin lamb chops, pork chops, or new York or rib-eye steaks:

A couple of hours is enough time in this marinade (refrigerated in a zip-lock bag, turned over every once in a while) for any of those cuts of meats, but at least 4-6 hours, or longer, is better.

Just before grilling, remove any of the excess oil, herbs, & shallots/garlic from the meat surfaces with a paring knife.

Marinade - Mix well together:

- 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
    - 1/3 cup soy sauce
    - 1 heaping tspn. of "Keen's" hot mustard (Yes - hot mustard- not to worry, you won't even notice this 'heat' in your grilled meat)
    - Approx. 1 tspn. each of - rosemary, thyme, summer savory, oregano, kosher salt, and cracked black pepper
    - 1 small finely diced shallot
    - 1-2 finely diced garlic cloves

I believe you'll love the flavor this marinade imparts to grilled meats.

-Chili Chicken Recipe
    -Akili
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1207615

-Gave this one a try for the first time last night for dinner Chilli Chicken with Plain Rice.Have to admit the it was good but very hot,going to cut down the amount on the red chili powder and chilli sauce indicated in the recipe next time.
    Chilli Chicken Recipe
    Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
    • Oil for deep frying
    Marination
    • 250 grams boneless chicken
    • ½ tbsp. chilli sauce
    • ½ tbsp. soya sauce
    • ¼ tsp pepper powder
    • ¾ tsp. vinegar
    • 2 tbsps. Corn flour (1 tbsp more optional)
    • 2 tbsp. plain flour / Maida (optional use to get a restaurant style chicken)
    • ¼ tsp. red chili powder
    • Salt little
    • 1 small egg for ½ kg chicken (optional)
    Seasoning
    • ¾ tbsp. soya sauce
    • 1 tsp chilli sauce
    • ½ tsp. red chilli powder
    • ½ tsp. sugar
    Veggies
    • 1 small onion thinly sliced
    • ¾ tbsp. garlic
    • ¼ cup cubed bell pepper / capsicum
    • 1 to 2 green chilies slit and deseeded
    • 1 sprig of spring onion chopped (optional)
    • 4 to 5 leaves of celery chopped finely (optional)
    • Spring onions for garnish
    Instructions
    1. Marinate chicken with chilli sauce, soya sauce, pepper powder and vinegar. Set aside for at least 45 minutes. 2 hours is best. Meanwhile you could chop your onions, bell pepper and make the sauce ready for seasoning.
    2. Sprinkle corn flour on the chicken along with salt and mix well. If you like to have your chicken coated with crunchy flour like we get in restaurants, and then use 1 more tbsp. corn flour and 2 tbsp. plain flour. Add chili powder. If you wish to use egg, you can add it now. Mix well.
    3. Prepare the sauce .Add ¾ tbsp. soya sauce, 1 tsp. chili sauce, ½ tsp. red chili powder and ½ tsp sugar (optional) to a bowl and mix well.
    4. Heat oil in a pan and deep or shallow fry till the chicken is done. Keep stirring to fry evenly. Do not over fry, it tends to turn hard. It can also be grilled at 240 C for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven.
    5. When it is cooked, drain on a kitchen tissue.
    6. Remove off excess oil from the pan just keep 2 spoons oil in the pan. Add garlic fry for about a min, add onions, capsicum, spring onions, and celery and green chilies and fry till they turn slightly soft for about a minute or so.
    7. Pour the sauce that was prepared at step 3. Let the sauces bubble up well.
    8. Add the fried chicken, sauté on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
    9. Serve chilli chicken hot as appetizer with fried rice or noodles.

-Mussels
    -Paul (discuspaul)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1208370

-Okay then, let's just carry on in this lighter (than discus care) vein:

Did you know that fresh mussels are real good for you health-wise ( Omega 3 benefits - check it out) and available in many cities for ridiculously low prices ?
    You can get many dozens of mussels for just a couple of $$ - 24 to 36 mussels per person will make a good meal and will cost no more than $2.-$3. a person, if that - AND they're very tasty steamed and much more tender than clams (which can be tough & rubbery, depending on the clams & how they're cooked).

Here's how to treat fresh live mussels:

Buy only fully closed mussels - if the shell is opened, tap it gently ( or a little harder) once or twice and if it doesn't close, don't buy it. Same procedure applies after you get them home & sit them in cold water just before cooking, do the following, and remove them from the water just before sautéing.

While they're soaking, you can pull away any 'beard' or 'whiskers' that might appear out of the rear shelling of the mussel when it's sitting in the cold water. You could also scrub the mussels with a brush if there is any extraneous material attached to the shell that should be removed, but this is not usually necessary.

The easy part:

In a large saucepan with accompanying lid that is large enough to hold all the mussels you'll be steaming, add a little oil and a couple of tbspns of butter over medium heat, and add a finely diced medium-sized shallot along with 1-3 finely diced garlic cloves.
    Saute for a minute or two, then add a good heavy splash of white wine, along with the same amount of fresh whipping cream, some fresh lemon juice, and some freshly chopped parsley, a few dashes of hot sauce (or pepper flakes), some oregano, and a dash of sugar.
    Stir together, add all the mussels that you've removed from the cold water bath, put the lid on the frypan, increase the heat a bit and sauté for 3-4 minutes or so at boiling point.

Tada, your mussels are done when they've all opened.

Serve them in soup bowls, with freshly cut large pieces of French baguette bread to soak up the juices, and a green salad if you wish.
    A glass of cool white wine, and the deliciously tasty mussels will make a fine meal, rest assured.

-Gamma's shrimp (Pat's grandmother) Old family recipe

-Pat (Second Hand Pat)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1208539

-Gamma's shrimp (my grandmother)

Old family recipe

Several pounds of shrimp, best to use large shrimp with shell on.
    White Vinegar
    Salt
    Celery Seed
    Old Bay (optional)

Note here. Do not defrost the shrimp until you are almost ready to cook. Helps to keep the shrimp fresh.

In a pot large enough to boil several pounds of shrimp add enough water/vineger to cover the shrimp. You want a 60% vineger to 40% water. Add salt to the vineger/winter mix to taste. Bring to a boil. Once at a full, rolling boil, add the shrimp. Stir and add the celery seed, about two tablespoons or so (I do not measure so best guess ). Stir the shrimp and cover for a minute or so. Leave the burner on high. Allow the shrimp to turn red.

You will want to test for the shrimp being done about once a minute. Remove a shrimp and cut the thick part with a knife. The shrimp will be done once the meat is white. Removed the shrimp from the pot and add to a serving dish. If you cover the shrimp it will cook a little more.

If you wish to add Old Bay just before the shrimp is done you can remove the shrimp from the pot, save a bit of water and add back to the pot. Add a streamer to the bottom of the pot and add the shrimp on top and add a bunch of Old Bay and mix well. Allow the water to simmer finish cooking the shrimp. Continue to monitor the shrimp for being done. Shrimp cook quickly so closely monitor. Once done remove the shrimp and add to a serving dish. Enjoy.

-OSSO BUCO
    -Paul (discuspaul)
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...=1#post1209155

Here's another Italian recipe you might like:

OSSO BUCO

It has been said that all Osso Buco recipes are not equal, and that Osso Buco can be either fabulous, or it can be decidedly mediocre.

I don't regard mine as fabulous, but to me this recipe for Osso Buco makes it the 'king' of traditional fine dining milanese dishes, with it's superb layering of flavors.

This recipe calls for horizontally cut slices of veal shank, approx. 1 inch thick, but beef shank can be substituted, and although the latter will not be fall off the bone tender` as veal shank will be, it will still `have that wonderful, meaty vegetable stew taste. But do try to get veal shank, even though it`s more expensive than beef - it will have a more appealing consistency.

Portions judging note: Since shank slices are from the tapered leg, slices will be of differing sizes, so if the slice is between 5 to 6 inches or so in diameter, 1 slice per person will do, whereas if the slices are under 4 inches in diameter, you`ll want 2 slices per person. You get the picture.

Serving note: Although optional, Osso Buco is generally served with a sprinkling of Gremolata over the top of each serving.
    Gremolata is made with 2 T (tbspn.) of chopped parsley, 1 or 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 T of lemon juice, and one-half T. of grated lemon peel (zest).

INGREDIENTS FOR OSSO BUCO - (4 persons)

Veal Shanks as apportioned above
    - 3-4 T of olive oil
    - 2 T of butter
    - 4 to 6 medium-sized shallots - halved, OR 2 dozen pearl onions with dry peeling removed.
    - 1 half red pepper, coarsely chopped
    - 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
    - 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
    - 5-6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
    - 1 third of a cup of dry sherry (or Marsala wine)
    - 1 third of a cup of brandy or cognac ( may substitute white wine)
    - 1 T balsamic vinegar
    - 2 T tomato paste
    -1 t (teaspoon) each of rosemary & thyme, and 2 bay leaves
    - 2cups chicken broth ( or veal or beef broth)
    - 2 or 3 slices of either pork salt, pancetta, or bacon, cut into small pieces
    - S & P to taste

Preparation:

Add 2 T of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season shanks with salt & pepper on both sides, and a light dusting of flour, then brown them on both sides. Remove the browned shanks to a platter.

In the same pan, reduce heat and add the other 2 T of olive oil and the butter. Add the shallots, or pearl onions, peppers, carrots, celery and garlic, along with the pork salt pieces, or the pancetta, or the bacon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes to allow for slight browning of the pork and the veggies to release their juices. Add the sherry or marsala wine, and the brandy or white wine, stir in well and let simmer on low for 6-8 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, the tomato paste, the rosemary, thyme and bay leaf, and stir well.

Pour all of this into an oven-proof dutch oven or casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid, large enough to accommodate all of these ingredients plus, and then add in (either of) the chicken, veal or beef broth, along with adding back the browned meat shanks.

Bake in a 350 degree oven, covered the entire time, for 1 and a half to 2 hours, or more, to reach max fall off the bone tenderness. You may want, or need to, add in some cornstarch mixed with water at the last minute to thicken the sauce to desired consistency.

Serve with a sprinkling of the gremolata, mashed potatoes (or garlic mashed potatoes), and a robust red wine.

Hope you like it. Guests usually rave about it.
    Last edited by rickztahone; 04-11-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Wes

Default Re: I am SOOOOO hungry!

fish sandwich
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    fish sandwich

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

Swiss Bockwurst and mustard.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Shrimp and crab legs
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Shrimp and crab legs
    Oh yum! Can I switch my answer! lol. 30 more minutes and I go on my lunch break. Probably not a good idea to start this thread....

Cafepress.com

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

FDBWs of course.

Ps. - my two brandy old fashioned sweets with the 2 for 1 burgers special tonight may have influenced my answer.
    President - North American Discus Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Oh yum! Can I switch my answer! lol. 30 more minutes and I go on my lunch break. Probably not a good idea to start this thread....
    Yup
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Something that makes the flu go away

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    Something that makes the flu go away
    It isn't food, but Tequila helps with that!

Cafepress.com

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    It isn't food, but Tequila helps with that!
    Well it may not actually help, but it's guaranteed to not make you care so much.
    President - North American Discus Association

Ouch - hate to say this - it would 'break up' my diet for sure -but a 4" thick Montreal smoked meat sandwich on rye with real French Dijon mustard, and an ice cold beer would be fantastic !

The same i had last week.

IMG_5710.jpg

Real Name
    Phil

Hot dog on a stick Venice beach style ??

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Hot dog on a stick Venice beach style ??
    good one.

Al, that lobster tail looks delicious! I'm glad I ate or else I'd be salivating all over my keyboard now

Paul, the way you described that made me hungry all over again!

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast