DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

I have one discus that will peck at flakes and spit them out. When it comes to frozen food, like blood worms he will eat one or two bites and be done with the food. He will not actively chase food like the other discus in the tank or the German rams. He has been doing this for almost two weeks now, this Sunday will be exactly two weeks. There have been no changes to the tank schedule or additions to the tank since the german rams were purchase over 3 months ago.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

He is not eating unless its frozen and then its very little, flakes get spit out. He hides to the top back of the tank away from the other fish, there are no stress bars visible on him. He is thin compared to the rest when you look at his face. I have not seen any odd colored poops coming from him.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

I have not treated the water yet due to i just figured he was a very picky eater.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

75G with 6 Discus (5-6 month old ) 2-3.5", 3 german rams 1-2" and 2 cory cats @ 1"

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

35- 45 % water change weekly

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

This tank was an established tank for 5 years before it was converted to a discus tank. It is a planted tank with 1- 1.5" of subtrate by caribsea Super Naturals

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

No I do not age my water.

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp __82___

- ph __6.0___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __0__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water _Yes___

- RO water ____

My water supply is connected to a GE Bottle Free water system that removes all chlorine, heavy metals and salts. the Ph of the water coming out of the system reads a 7.2. tap water conditioner and stress coat plus are added just as a safe measure before the water is added to the tank. No ph down is added to the water since its siphoned directly to my tank.

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

No

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

I feed my fish twice daily, morning they get flakes...a little at a time so it does not all fall to the bottom. Evenings they get brine, or blood worms, or mysis shrimp, krill depends on what i have in stock at home.
The frozen food comes from San Fransisco bay food while the flakes come from Marineland, which are their color enhancing tropical flakes.

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

I currently cannot at photos since im at the hospital with my daughter until Saturday. I will add some on Saturday when i return home.