AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Uncle Sam's Discus Customer Service

Real Name
    Casey

Default Uncle Sam's Discus Customer Service

Hi I would like to share my experience with Uncle Sam's Discus and the customer service, or lack thereof, I got from them.

I visited their store about 3 weeks ago and purchased $500 in fish from them. While I was at their location there were times that I was quoted prices higher than listed online and told to choose specific fish in their tanks, then they would jack up the prices because it had a black spot, or a red line, or halo. I understand there are different grades of fish, but there was nothing online that said "this 5 inch Blue Diamond is $50 more because it has more Blue or Diamond." It didn't say "starting at $50." It stated $50 5 inch ____ discus. (this is obviously an example, not the specific fish). Additionally, while i was there I was asked to pay in cash because the seller didn't want to pay taxes, so i had to go to the ATM to get money for fish.

Finally and MOST importantly, I got home and had some fairly serious issues with the fish i purchased within a day or two. I wrote them a VERY NICE email stating "my fish were sick. I am not asking for anything free. I'm not asking for a refund. I just want you to know and see if there is any advice." I got no response. After an additional week or so of medicating my fish some of them perished and some are still sick. I AM NOT nor HAVE I EVER blamed them for the sick fish. So I emailed them again letting them know what is going on and that I was very disappointed at the lack of response they gave.

I received this back from them:

"send us a video of the fishes and show us how you take care of them. We have not had any sick fish or loss and would want to know. I have at least 50k in fish in my warehouse."
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Registered Member Uncle Sam's Discus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darwin

Default Re: Uncle Sam's Discus Customer Service

Hello Casey,

We apologize for you unfortunate experience. We tried to keep communicating with you and you replied that you will send us the video but you never sent to us. We cannot solve issues we do not see. As for the blue that was higher price than a regular blue diamond it was a Neon Sapphire there's a huge difference in their texture. We sell our fish the price we have posted here in Simply and never go higher most of the local buyers want to save money does not want to pay taxes and always low ball our prices. I remember you did not want to pay for the price of the fish we sold the fish lesser than the price stated in Simply to you and did not charge you tax. We tried to help you save a little more money by not charging you tax by accepting cash. We have to charge taxes for local sales it's for every business in California. Give us a chance to fix this problem by communicating with us. Thank you for addressing the problem we will do our best to fix any problems addressed by our customers.

Respectfully,
    -Darwin

Real Name
    Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam's Discus View Post
    Hello Casey,

We apologize for you unfortunate experience. We tried to keep communicating with you and you replied that you will send us the video but you never sent to us. We cannot solve issues we do not see. As for the blue that was higher price than a regular blue diamond it was a Neon Sapphire there's a huge difference in their texture. We sell our fish the price we have posted here in Simply and never go higher most of the local buyers want to save money does not want to pay taxes and always low ball our prices. I remember you did not want to pay for the price of the fish we sold the fish lesser than the price stated in Simply to you and did not charge you tax. We tried to help you save a little more money by not charging you tax by accepting cash. We have to charge taxes for local sales it's for every business in California. Give us a chance to fix this problem by communicating with us. Thank you for addressing the problem we will do our best to fix any problems addressed by our customers.

Respectfully,
    -Darwin
    I'm sorry I didn't have time to send out a video last night. I was busy getting over feeling insulted that you accused me of incorrectly caring for discus while doing 75% daily water changes on 3 tanks, flushing 2 fish that were $100 each and medicating the ones left because I have sick fish and don't want to lose all the money. I kind of figured a video of two fish in the trash can wasn't going to help my case. I am not going to fight with you sir. I don't believe that is the tactful thing to do.

If you want a picture here is the Blue Iron Sakura on day 2 with clamped fins and black as night

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ill&highlight=
    Last edited by Lido; 02-23-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Registered Member Uncle Sam's Discus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lido View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't have time to send out a video last night. I was busy getting over feeling insulted that you accused me of incorrectly caring for discus while doing 75% daily water changes on 3 tanks, flushing 2 fish that were $100 each and medicating the ones left because I have sick fish and don't want to lose all the money. I kind of figured a video of two fish in the trash can wasn't going to help my case. I am not going to fight with you sir. I don't believe that is the tactful thing to do.
    Please do send us the video and let us help you. It's just a misunderstanding no worries. You can call me or message me anytime in any situation with my fish. Sometimes I don't get to reply right away it's been very busy in my end. Thank you once again for reminding us. Looking forward for the video.

-Darwin

Real Name
    Casey

I have sent video of my system the fish are in quarantine and my healthy system.

A reminder to how this system works here. Members are encouraged to post their first hand experiences both positive and negative with a vendor. Its not a discussion forum though nor is it a place to post your opinions. Commentary is restricted to just first experiences that you have had with the seller. The buyer and seller are encouraged to interact though..
    Posts that do not adhere to these guidelines are edited or deleted at our discretion.
    Thank you.
    AL
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 02-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images