ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simply Discus

Real Name
    Casey

Default Simply Discus

Hey guys,

I am no part of the moderation team or no part of ownership of this site. I am doing this strictly on my own accord.

I just want to remind everyone that this site runs on donations, premium memberships and sponsorships.

Al has been incredible to take time out of his life to help solve my problems. He has he been giving me advice in private messages for 20 days now on how to treat my sick fish. It shows how great this community is.

I can't tell you the overwhelming response and heartwarming response I have gotten from people on here. This is really a great place to be, if you feel the same way give a buck, give fifty cents but give back to the very place that has given us all the knowledge and power to be better discus keepers.

I'm going to start by donating $20. I know it's not much, but the power of community is greater than the power of one.

Whomever donates the most in the next 72 hours I'll ship a bag of 50 grams of freeze dried blackworm cubes from Al.

(hops off the soapbox)
    - My two cents.
    Last edited by Lido; 02-23-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Real Name
    Casey

Default Re: Simply Discus

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Okay Casey, I am goin in- I am not going for the big prize since I have 2 kids in college right now but I will match ya. I am on a school break this week and the forum has saved me from extreme boredom since I am not in Aruba like my co-workers and I have learned a lot along they way as always, and "met" some nice people like you.

I have seen Al and his team work really hard to solve some pretty bad issues. One day(by the sound of it) it will be me. If I have learned anything is stuff happens all the time- no matter what, no matter who. Not only that but Al is a fun guy- we had coffee together just this morning (check out his coffee thread in You Talking To Me?)

So I am in with $20- not much like you said -but bringing on the power of the community.

Jenene
    Last edited by Jenene; 02-24-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks for the support, Casey! Just pointing out to others, $25 gets you a Premium Membership
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Thank you for your kind post Casey and your support of the forum. Its very much appreciated.

Jenene, thank as well! And I enjoyed having coffee with you too!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Casey

This will be the last day for this. After 9:00 PM PST the winner will get the worms. Currently Jenene is winning!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Paul M. Kaplowitz

Hey Casey, You jogged me to send in a membership. I made it gold because we retirees have more money than you young guys raising families. Send Jenene the prize, I ment to do this some time ago. Paul Kaplowitz

Quote Originally Posted by pmkappy View Post
    Hey Casey, You jogged me to send in a membership. I made it gold because we retirees have more money than you young guys raising families. Send Jenene the prize, I ment to do this some time ago. Paul Kaplowitz
    That is really so nice of you Paul but I was trying to donate money- I certainly didn't need anything in return. It is yours fair and square. Treat your fishies. Thank you for chipping in! Thanks to Casey for starting this up. Wish it had drummed up a bit more- it still can. A few hours left!
    Last edited by Jenene; 02-27-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Real Name
    Casey

Well, there is 20 minutes left. If shipping wasn't so expensive I would offer up a Discus. To cap off the deal. But it is looking like this is it.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Anthony

You never know until the last minute. I just saw this thread and joined the pool. I am now a Gold member

Real Name
    Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Lido View Post
    Well, there is 20 minutes left. If shipping wasn't so expensive I would offer up a Discus. To cap off the deal. But it is looking like this is it.
    Actually I will give the winner the choice, they have to pay shipping on the fish. You can have the Freeze Dried Black Worms or this 3.5-4 inch Yellow Lemon Discus.

I'll stretch it another 24 hours. 8pm Tuesday! Same rules, either donate or buy a membership. Largest contribution wins!

IMG_1667.jpg
    Last edited by Lido; 02-28-2017 at 12:04 AM.

That is one sure way to stir the pot- throw a fish in it! A gorgeous one at that. Come on people!!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

wow i wish i lived in the US, thats a lovely discus. i will pass on the worms/discus but ill jump on board in the spirit of giving back to a great community which has helped me immensely. since im planning to get a new light shortly, when it arrives ill sell my remaining light strip on kijiji and donate the proceeds to simply, a neat donation idea i am copying from jmf3460

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

I'll pitch in by buying more of those fantastic FDBWs today even though I have tons left atm. I hope they last a long time in storage!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

You guys rock plus I joined the party. Very sweet of you Casey for what you are doing here.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast