ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: identify ocean clear model

Default identify ocean clear model

bought this used no markings what so ever!
    It had a pleated insert in it and the center had round circles of filter material.

Also, I'm second guessing myself!! Is the top fitting in or out?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: identify ocean clear model

Nobody, some of you oldsters(I'm one!) must have used these??

What is that a cartridge filter ?

Real Name
    Naz

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    In line filter. Neptune I do not know what model it but here is a link for red sea ocean clear canister filter manual .......http://www.marineandreef.com/v/vspfi...earfilters.pdf
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

I guess you are not going to be able to tell me the model #! LOL
    Yep big ole canister filter. going after my sump to polish the water.
    See here
    http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/ps...tml?sort=4&o=1

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    In line filter. Neptune I do not know what model it but here is a link for red sea ocean clear canister filter manual .......http://www.marineandreef.com/v/vspfi...earfilters.pdf
    Thanks Akili....I skimmed that manual a couple times, then with your link...I went back and read it word for word!
    It in fact states the top is in and bottom is out....it was there all the time, just had to slow down and read it word for word!

From what I can tell the canister is all the same for all the 300 series, sq. footage of the cartridge and then media in the center tube varies by model number.
    So I don't think it really matters. Based on what was in it..I'm calling it a 340.

Real Name
    Naz

I like the idea of this set up .....................https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...ilters.387447/
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    I like the idea of this set up .....................https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...ilters.387447/
    Have you looked at the Wow Factor sticky? I posted a link to the filter setup in post #5.
    I'm modeling mine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Thanks Akili....I skimmed that manual a couple times, then with your link...I went back and read it word for word!
    It in fact states the top is in and bottom is out....it was there all the time, just had to slow down and read it word for word!

From what I can tell the canister is all the same for all the 300 series, sq. footage of the cartridge and then media in the center tube varies by model number.
    So I don't think it really matters. Based on what was in it..I'm calling it a 340.
    Are you saying that thing has over 340 sq ft of filtration area ? Sorry once again I own a pool business so my brain always thinks of things in those terms. A pool cartridge filter with 300+ sq ft is huge. In pool terms a filter that size is around 25-50 sq ft

Are you saying that thing has over 340 sq ft of filtration area ? Sorry once again I own a pool business so my brain always thinks of things in those terms. A pool cartridge filter with 300+ sq ft is huge. In pool terms a filter that size is around 25-50 sq ft
    No the Model 340 has FORTY sq. feet of surface area. The 325 model has....wait for it.....25sq feet. BUT..
    The canisters and the filters are all the exact same dimensions, so not sure why a 325 could not take the larger surface area cartridge and vice versa.