AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New gear!

Default Re: New gear!

Looks good. Better focus for sure. Try shooting with less Depth of Field, lower F stop, f4, 5.6, something like that. You will have to adjust the the shutter speed (possibly ISO) accordingly.
    The object is to soften up the background a bit. It will bring more attention to that great face.
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

So here are some new shots, I know them might be a little overexposed but I like how they came out. Like before these are straight out of the camera. I love how the eyes turned out the focus is great and the color is good.
    CAMERA 025 by devon cropley, on Flickr
    CAMERA 032 by devon cropley, on Flickr
    CAMERA 029 by devon cropley, on Flickr
    CAMERA 019 by devon cropley, on Flickr

These are really great. I like the B&W Lil Stinker!
    Devon, might be able to help some more if you would include the shooting data. SS, f stop and ISO. (if you are in LR with the image hit the "i" key once for the time etc and a second time for the shooting data.)
    Stan

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Devon, might be able to help some more if you would include the shooting data. SS, f stop and ISO. (if you are in LR with the image hit the "i" key once for the time etc and a second time for the shooting data.)
    Exif was preserved via Flickr Stan in case you didn't know

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Thanks! Click on the link next to the picture and it will bring you to Flickr and take a look at the data.

I did not know that! Us old farts...

The third color shot is my favorite. Be careful with your framing, you don't want to cut off the hair at the top of the frame.
    The data looks fine, I love the shallow depth of field that the 50mm 1.8 gives you.
    Looks like there is plenty of ambient light, did you try some shots with a lower ISO or faster SS?

Those blue eyes are killer!
    Stan

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

I did not know that! Us old farts...

The third color shot is my favorite. Be careful with your framing, you don't want to cut off the hair at the top of the frame.
    The data looks fine, I love the shallow depth of field that the 50mm 1.8 gives you.
    Looks like there is plenty of ambient light, did you try some shots with a lower ISO or faster SS?

Those blue eyes are killer!
    Thanks! I noticed that the framing was a bit off, I was a little quick to get the shot as she won't stay in one pose for more than a second. And yes the 50 is a nice little lense I watched a lot of reviews about having one and for the price why not. I did try a lower ISO but it brought out a lot of skin tone differences veins, redness and other features I didn't care for. So I bumped it up to washe out some of it. This child is so white she is praticaly see through lol I have been paying attention to the exposer meter and making adjustment +1 or -1 on ISO or shutter speed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123