ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost my Best Bud yesterday...a Feline friend like no other.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Lost my Best Bud yesterday...a Feline friend like no other.

Aww Rob, what a sweet story. Mojo is such a lucky cat but so are you for allowing her in your family's life. The death of the kitten is a bit heart wrenching but we have to take the bad with the good, such is life.

Tom and I have been adopted by both a cat and a dog. Blaze is a lovely cat with a heart of gold. Gypsy came with a bit of baggage but she has learned to trust us completely which took a couple of years. They are both lovely animals and a part of our family.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I know the feeling. But there is some comfort in knowing that you gave him the best life extension he could have ever wished for. Without you, your care and love he would have had a different destiny.

I wish you strength and happy thoughts about the time he was with you and your family.

Best,

Jan

Real Name
    Patty

Thanks for sharing Whiskers journey. You stuck by him through bad teeth, allergies and unknowns. I really liked how he triumphed over the kitties with claws. What a smart cat! I had a 19 yr old pound pup who I eventually had to euthanize and I still wonder if I waited too long. If I loved her too much to see the signs-not of suffering, but loss of dignity. Your post actually made me finally realize what I felt guilty about.
    Seeing the last pic of whiskers shows me that he kept his dignity in spite of your own needs not to say goodbye. You were a friend to the end. Whiskers waited a long time for you in that cage, but chose well. So sorry for your loss.

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    Real Name
    Peter

Cats are good people!
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    That was a really sweet story..Thank you for sharing. It sounds like it was a win win for everyone involved... so sorry about the kitten though.
    Rob,
    Thats an awesome story! Thank you! I am so glad that Mojo chose you! what a great experience!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I havent posted much on my cats lately but Seeing on how this thread came back up I thought I would update you all. We still have our disbetic Cat Matt and his Sister Violet. Whiskers definitely left a hole in our family. I was not sure I wanted another cat but as time went by I knew Id find another. when I did I wanted it to be another black cat.Not as a replacement to Whiskers but because I didnt want another Black Cat sitting in a shelter months and months like Whiskers had or worse being abused or neglected because its a black cat and theres too many superstitious people out there.

I tentatively started looking at shelters ..theres no shortage of black cats there but then I came across a Craigslist ad for kittens. I dont know why but I called, drove an hour and visited. The kittens were older... maybe 12 weeks.. One little guy caught my eye...a rambuncious ball of fur.Mom was a rescue cat that was pregnant. I left with the little guy. That was this past fall.

He is black, almost chocolate black... has a while patch between his hind legs and a small white spot on his chest. He is adhd as far as cats go..gets into everything. Literally opens draws and takes out stuff. Aside from being a black cat he is nothing like whiskers, for which I am very happy. He is definitely unique! His name is Dante.After Dante Allegheri of Dantes Inferno

I like to believe when one cat leaves a cat person its because they know another cat needs that person. I have to believe that Dante needed to be here . We never will forget Whiskers... but theres always room in our hearts for another cat.
    al

Meet Dante the cat.

2018-05-16 09.16.50.jpg

2018-05-16 09.06.10.jpg

2018-05-16 09.04.13.jpg

2018-05-16 09.19.50.jpg
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-16-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Steve

Wow Al, glad to hear Matt is still hanging in there. Last time I saw any statistics on diabetes in cats, the average survival time for them once they are diagnosed is less than a year. Ya'll must be doing a great job keeping him regulated.

You are right that there is no shortage of black cats( or dogs) in shelters. That's been common knowledge among shelter operators for years. Apparently, the general public doesn't like to adopt black cats or dogs because they think they are "evil looking" or "sneaky looking" or they bring bad luck. Lol. It's ridiculous and a darn shame.
    Last edited by smsimcik; 05-16-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Real Name
    Rob

Thanks to all who enjoyed my story about Mojo. She warms our hearts and gets more and more comfortable as time goes by. One day she'll walk past me out of the back door without a single care of harm. Or we could just get a cat flap...... ding!!!

Great to see you with a new, black cat Al, and what a lovely, shiny coat. Beautiful.

Ha ha Al! By your pics he IS into everything!!!

I remember how sick Matt was when you returned from vacation last summer. You lost a lot of sleep nursing him back to health. Good to hear he’s still with you. Do they all get along?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Gosh Dante is cute and beautiful Al. I bet he is exactly what you need.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Lloyd

I know this was awhile ago. But my wife and I are cat lovers too. Every time one of them passes its killer just killer

Most of ours are from rescue or have wandered up and realized they had a forever home on the other side of that door.

Anyway I can attest that it never gets easier... but for the time they are with us ... well you know

Quote Originally Posted by pm9ljr View Post
    I know this was awhile ago. But my wife and I are cat lovers too. Every time one of them passes its killer just killer

Most of ours are from rescue or have wandered up and realized they had a forever home on the other side of that door.

Anyway I can attest that it never gets easier... but for the time they are with us ... well you know
    Thank you Lloyd. Yes I know well little fur balls definitely leave a mark during the time they are here.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

After Dante Allegheri of Dantes Inferno

Such an original name! Perfecto!

We are of the same mind, my black cat is named Notte which is "night" in Italian.

Of course at the vets they pronounce it "naughty": and I have to correct them, its pronounced nOtay
    Last edited by Discluv; 06-04-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123