ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: What a jerk

Default What a jerk

This guy has a real taste foe caviar. Literally bumping her to eat the eggs as fast as she can lay them 212017102142.jpg212017102115.jpg212017102048.jpg

Default Re: What a jerk

That is very rude behavior Ryan. What..was he raised in a barn?

Mine did the same thing and I don't mind so much- reasons? 1) My water is too high in PH for hatching anyway 2) If they did hatch I would have to move them or watch the other fish eat the babies which is worse! 3) I have no desire to set up another tank and do more water changes 4) If I did raise them then I would have to be responsible and cull- which is even worse to me than watching the fish eat them 5) The survivors would need new homes. I would have to find buyers and ship them or watch them darken and die at the LFS....

Have you read your son the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? It is the same kind of idea. One thing leads to the next thing and it gets a little nutty!

So Ryan maybe you should buy the guy a beer to go with his caviar. The bottom line is they are showing you they in great health! Nice work my friend!
    Last edited by Jenene; 03-01-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    That is very rude behavior Ryan. What..was he raised in a barn?

Mine did the same thing and I don't mind so much- reasons? 1) My water is too high in PH for hatching anyway 2) If they did hatch I would have to move them or watch the other fish eat the babies which is worse! 3) I have no desire to set up another tank and do more water changes 4) If I did raise them then I would have to be responsible and cull- which is even worse to me than watching the fish eat them 5) The survivors would need new homes. I would have to find buyers and ship them or watch them darken and die at the LFS....

Have you read your son the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? It is the same kind of idea. One thing leads to the next thing and it gets a little nutty!

So Ryan maybe you should buy the guy a beer to go with his caviar. The bottom line is they are showing you they in great health! Nice work my friend!
    Lol. I don't mind either definitely not setup nor do I have the time for breeding. Just more interesting behavior from these fish.

I'd hate to think they like beer also. If they have the same taste in beer that I do I really would go broke with discus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Lol. I don't mind either definitely not setup nor do I have the time for breeding. Just more interesting behavior from these fish.

I'd hate to think they like beer also. If they have the same taste in beer that I do I really would go broke with discus lol
    Their behavior is so fascinating... For what discus cost to buy, maintain and feed, yeah- they would definitely demand the high end brew!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields