ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 65 G.- Stendker juvie mix growout thread

Registered Member

Default Re: 65 G.- Stendker juvie mix growout thread

Thank you Filip,

I really hope so too! Im throwing lots of tech at the project with sub-optimal levels of water change, (for well thought out reasons !! but I may be wrong) I really hope i dont spend all my time as Paul S said "knocking at St Peters door" and bouncing from one disaster to the next, Who knows though!!!!
    Anyway I love the way your fish tuned out, they are a credit to you

Mick

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

Hey, Fillip! Just read the entire thread. What a journey! Which ones did you end up keeping? The browns are my favorite but they looked funky as juvies compared to the others.

I see that you went through a lot of different plants. Was this because of melting/heat issues or simply preferences?

Can you name the plants in your last full tank updates?

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    Hey, Fillip! Just read the entire thread. What a journey! Which ones did you end up keeping? The browns are my favorite but they looked funky as juvies compared to the others.

I see that you went through a lot of different plants. Was this because of melting/heat issues or simply preferences?

Can you name the plants in your last full tank updates?
    Thanks for your interest in my experience Armando .
    I just realize that I haven't been updating my thread for a full year now , and I'm sorry for my negligence .
    The same batch of 9 minus the smallest pigeon is still there , and in march this year I added 3 more grown Discus to the batch ( and yes I know that im way overstocked ) .
    Later , I will add some timeline videos and Photos from the tank from this past year in other posts to make up for my absence here .

Yes , the plants were changed mainly due to melt off and dying in some periods of my tank upkeep . Sometimes Algae took over and killed the plants , so I end up trying other kinds .
    I came to realize that the best periods for my plants , were when I maintained the ttank and changed water daily . When I slack off on water changes there were always algae presence which leads to plant degradation .

My last update from left to right :
    Left hill of plants :
    Cerathopteris Thalicroides
    Bacopa Australis
    Rotalla rotundofolia
    Hygriphilla corymbosa

Right plant pile :
    Echinodorus ozelot
    Hygriphilla corymbosa
    Nymphoides hygrophilla Taiwan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345