ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Eastern Aquatic Blackworms?

Registered Member

Default Eastern Aquatic Blackworms?

Have anyone purchased live blackworm or anything from Eastern Aquatic? I was going to order from California Blackworm but they never answered my emails and when I messaged them on Ebay, and they told me they don't answer question about non ebay products on ebay. I asked them to answer my emails then because I had question about their stock and their paypal checkout but they just told me they can't help me if I don't understand them.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Eastern Aquatic Blackworms?

Hi anngocta, I can not answer your question re Eastern Aquatic but have you considered freeze dried blackworms? The owner of this forum sells them and the freeze dried worms are considered safer for the fish.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

I ordered 1.5 pounds from Eastern Aquatics about 2months ago. California Blackworms at the time only had enough to sell me a quarter pound so i found Eastern Aquatics when i did a search for live blackworms. They had enough blackworms for whatever amount i wanted at a good price which was great. The worms were super healthy & robust coming out of the shipping bag, no deaths

I had a couple smaller discus that had lagging appetites so i went with live to pump them up, but if your discus seem to be eating good.. i would go with Pat said & get some of the freeze dried first

That's a dang shame. When Dan was running the place he had the world's best customer service. His daughters are going to run the business he worked so hard for into the ground. Very sad.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

My discus are currently eating frozen blood worms, live brine shrimp when my stock is big enough, frozen brine shrimp, and frozen mysis shrimp. I just wanted to try an alternative to beef heart for fattening up smaller discus.

I'll probably order from Eastern aquatics then. I wanted to support CBW because they support the forum but they didn't provide me with quality customer service and I felt unsecured ordering from their site as they wanted me to fill out a form with my credit card information then email it to them instead of having a directly link to PayPal or an online merchant service.

Registered Member

Get the fdbw from Al,the owner of this forum.
    They are great for the fish and trouble free feeding them.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    That's a dang shame. When Dan was running the place he had the world's best customer service. His daughters are going to run the business he worked so hard for into the ground. Very sad.
    Hi Liz,
    I still handle everything every day. You know me well enough to know that also there comes a point in time that I will not deal with idiotism and this OP was showing a lot of it. Especially for me to tell him/her " they can't help me if I don't understand them". Think about it.

Dan
    Aquatic Foods
    Last edited by DanCBW; 03-09-2017 at 06:06 PM.

I'm going to lock this thread as its really not about "foods" as the section intends.

There are areas of the forum for feedback for when a seller and buyer have problems but unfortunately this looks like a situation where there was a communication breakdown before any transactions even took place. I'd ask all parties to please continue this in private by pm.

Thank you,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images