AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: New 310 gallon tank journal...

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve

Default New 310 gallon tank journal...

So I just arranged to buy a 310 gallon tank on Craigslist. I will be picking it up on Saturday. Have not made any plans for it yet, it was a spur of the moment buy. Tank is 6' x 3' x 28" with star fire glass on the front panel. I have a lot of discus I can put into it, but also have thoughts about arowana's, rays and/or fancy plecos....

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

Default Re: New 310 gallon tank journal...

The aquarium world is your oyster at this point Steve!!!

That is a huge tank and will be fun and interesting no matter what you do!

Of course, being here for discus, I am going to say massive discus amazonian biotope. But those big fish are cool and rays are very cool!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: New 310 gallon tank journal...

Took a couple of weeks but finally picked up the tank in Boston. Last Saturday it was 15 degrees with 50mph winds so we put it off until today. Thanks to member Triton (Hongda) for helping me and my family with the pickup.

I rented a van and my son in law drove his pickup truck, which proved to be fortuitous as the seller gave me a 92 gallon corner bow front tank with stand and light as well as 2 big chillers from their saltwater tanks. The 310 gallon is new and still wrapped! Dropped them off at my business for now while I figure out where everything is going.