Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heckel Project from Croatia

Registered Member

Default Re: Heckel Project from Croatia

Looking good!!! Nice job!!!

Registered Member

Pozdrav sa one strane Koupe!
    Those heckles are really gorgeous, you grown them well. What is your water changing regime, what do you feed them and whats your lightning. You use pure RO?

Real Name
    Jurica

Quote Originally Posted by tolga View Post
    They are beautiful! The conductivity of 40 micro Siemens which is very low, appears to have made a positive impact on these heckels. Are you using pure RO water? It would be great to know how you prepare your water. Also could the 350 gallon be too big for just eight heckel? I would be tempted to add some more...
    Thanks all!

Yes, I am using pure RO, stored in tank in the cabinet under main tank. Heated to 29 degrees. Sometime I add Humins from Discusfood in the water. Change is cca 200 liters every two weeks. I am using clearwater resins in the sump.

For 350 gallon tank I have in plan to add 6 more Heckels. 12 pcs in 230 cm tank will be more then enough, especially when they mature. I will add some branchees and roots soon.

Real Name
    Jurica

Quote Originally Posted by plecocicho View Post
    Pozdrav sa one strane Koupe!
    Those heckles are really gorgeous, you grown them well. What is your water changing regime, what do you feed them and whats your lightning. You use pure RO?
    Pozdrav

I change cca 30 percent every two weeks, sometime longer.
    I feed them 4-5 times per day with frozen larvae (black, white or red), artemia, some shell mix. They dont want to eat granulated dry food. Only spirulina flakes.

I have just 2 x70 cm led strips with controller to simulate early morning and evening. Will add 15-20 Watts T5 soon because I have some red lotus in the tank. They are not biotopic, but are great for making shadows for the fish.

I hope they will grow more during next year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12