AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Bossemani rainbows

Default Bossemani rainbows

Hi guys. I just recently started a community planted tank for my son. I have a few different varieties of rainbows in the tank. The newest are two bossemanis that we have had for a few weeks. I'm surprised to see how fast they grow. Anyway I have 0 experience with them.

Today I notice the 2 bossemanis will get next to each other and start shaking/vibrating. Is this spawning behavior ?

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Bossemani rainbows

Probably yes.I have a rainbow fish tank.This activity usually happens in the morning hours and if you have just a little natural light it seems to trigger mating.If you want to raise a batch,put a male and a few females in a tank with a lot of java moss for a week and wait.Some use artificial mops.

Default Re: Bossemani rainbows

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Probably yes.I have a rainbow fish tank.This activity usually happens in the morning hours and if you have just a little natural light it seems to trigger mating.If you want to raise a batch,put a male and a few females in a tank with a lot of java moss for a week and wait.Some use artificial mops.
    Thanks for the info. I noticed this late morning under really bright light from my satellite plus pro. They are doing the dance quite frequently. When they aren't the larger one which I assume is the male is chasing the other