ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tranquility

Registered Member

Default Re: Tranquility

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I would guess female. Quite a nice fish, too.
    Agree with, Liz.

Registered Member

thank you!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGDiscus View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around this forum for awhile. I have been wanting to have wild discus for awhile but never had the courage until now. I had always been a planted tank guy but finally decided to take the plunge to do tank with plants and discus.

Some background to this tank. This is a 5ft tank with a 3 ft sump. It runs pressurised CO2 and with a 5hour photo period. The tank was started in Jun 2016 with various fishes (cories, yamano shrimps, golden tetras) added over a 6 to 7 month period. The wild discus (7 pieces) were finally added in on 17 Feb 2017. So these babies had been with me for just under 1 month. Thanks for viewing! I hope to continue learning from this forum!
    Love the tank! Can you elaborate on your plants in sand? Is the sand on top of another substrate?
    DT: 90G Marineland / 2 AquaClear 110s / Finnex LED+ 24-7 / 2 - 125W Eheim Jager heaters

Ammonia: 0 / Nitrites: 0 / Nitrates: 20ppm / Ph: 7.4 / kh: 7 / gh: 13

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by igotgats View Post
    Love the tank! Can you elaborate on your plants in sand? Is the sand on top of another substrate?
    Hi, I only have sand as a single layer substrate around 2.5 to 3 inch deep. I would then put fertilizer balls (you can google them) beside the roots of the plants. Amazon swords do well. However, one will really need to be on top of your tank maintenance as planted tanks generate alot of organics.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345