AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Mourning Dove

Real Name
    Matt

Default Mourning Dove

I think one of my favorite backyard type of birds. Last shot was done through a house window. I kept the preview a bit smaller this time, I realized when I posted the March snow thread today at work on a normal 1080 laptop that my usual previews are quite large. Click the image to navigate to larger sizes.
    Dove by Matt, on Flickr
    Dove by Matt, on Flickr
    Dove by Matt, on Flickr
    Dove by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

Default Re: Mourning Dove

Nice and crisp. Love the BG in the last one the best. If this was a crop, would give a little more room for the tail.
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks! Yeah the last one I was closer to the dove so it was easier to get better bokeh in the back. The trees you see in the back in that last one are essentially the same stand of trees the dove is sitting in, in the first few shots. I didn't frame it to well for the tail as it was so close all I had time to do was run and grab the camera, pray it was still there when I got back and snap a few before it got spooked and left. No crops here, going to go back to those first few and see what I have as far as crop goes, sometimes I just don't like cropping that close due to noise or focus being off. I'm a serial non cropper lol which in a lot of cases is bad or wrong, I need practice at it.

Here is another, not a dove from the same day. I cropped this one to the tree as I felt like the space on the right side didn't really provide much to the image. It was just a sliver past the trunk. I wanted to bring this in on the woodpecker more but my focus was off, it started to fly the next frame so he is in some sort of motion already and it looks as though i was moving the camera a bit to chase that.
    Woodpecker by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

I understand your way of thinking. You're about capturing the best image you can, not about getting the best from that image by manipulation. I like that. Surely you know that doing it your way is the hard way.
    Mama Bear

Love the Woodpecker. Maybe a vertical crop for that one?
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Matt,
    Love the Mo-do s! Especially the last. Background on that on is perfect. Also like color renditions!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks! Stan It is sort of a vertical crop, I cut the right side. Maybe I should cut the left and bring the focus in on the woodpecker on the tree more.

Al, it's that Canon color magic That is one thing I can honestly say about Canon, they have IMO, the best color science in the business. Or at least more pleasing to the eye (my eye). This is all subjective of course as what you see may not be what I want to see. And with PP you can adjust it all to a point. It's just been my personal experience that Canon's colors just come out more appealing overall. They may not make waves in the dynamic range sector, or be the first to do something, but they have their color science down.
    -Matt