ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help.. Video attached

Registered Member

Default Re: Please help.. Video attached

Thanks. I am going to up the water change amounts and see what happens. I am actually antsy to get all the medication out and restart my 40w uv. Appreciate the advice.

As far as the comment above yours... I do ntthink it is fair to look at a video of a nearly dead fish that has not eaten in weeks and comments t about my husbandry. The fish came from a very reputable source that I will not mention for obvious reasons. Bit, I take all advice and will try to be even more zealous because you probably have more experience with discus than Me. So I do appreciate the criticism as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ebaybrad View Post
    Thanks. I am going to up the water change amounts and see what happens. I am actually antsy to get all the medication out and restart my 40w uv. Appreciate the advice.

As far as the comment above yours... I do ntthink it is fair to look at a video of a nearly dead fish that has not eaten in weeks and comments t about my husbandry. The fish came from a very reputable source that I will not mention for obvious reasons. Bit, I take all advice and will try to be even more zealous because you probably have more experience with discus than Me. So I do appreciate the criticism as well.
    I apologize if you felt my comments were overly harsh - I didn't mean to offend.

But you did get the fish from a very reputable source, and yet it's condition has since seriously deteriorated and it hasn't eaten for several weeks, do you not think this speaks to water quality and husbandry ?

I sincerely do hope that improved tank conditions and water change routine will have a positive effect on the fish's health.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

ebaybrad, weren't you having a problem with really high nitrate in your tap water? How did you resolve that, I notice you are showing only 5ppm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12