AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Dark on "one side"

Registered Member

Default Dark on "one side"

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

I noticed my red scribblet had turned considerably darker three days ago. (It's much more noticeable on one side than the other.) I've noticed no other symptoms and his tank mates appear fine.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

At this point, I've changed the water and observed.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.
    75 gallon tank, six discus (I've had 4 for 14 months and 2 for 5 months), the older discus are five+ inches and the younger ones are four inches, tank mates include 1 four inch angel (I had it before the discus), 20 neon tetras, 4 Cory cats and 3 pictus cats (3 inches each).

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

I change 80% once a week.

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

The tank has been running two+ years, gravel bottom (1 inch) driftwood and silk plants.

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.
    I use tap water (city) I do not age it.

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp 84__

- ph 6.8____

- ammonia reading 0____

- nitrite reading 0____

- nitrate reading 0____

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

- well water ____

- municipal water 100%__

- RO water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently. Purchased some neons, quarantined for three weeks and added 10 to my tank three weeks ago.

10. Please tell us what you feed your fish and how often. This can be critical information for solving the problem so be as specific as you can.

Beef heart morning, Prime Reef flakes afternoon

11. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

I am trying to figure out how to include pictures

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Dark on "one side"

Two ways to load your pictures here,you can upload your pictures here using insert image icon in the reply box as long as your images are less than 2MB or you can use Image Hosting Sites Like Imgur and post the link here
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

IMG_0423.jpg

Before he turned dark

Registered Member

IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg

How he looks now

Registered Member

I changed the water and left him alone for the week and he seems to be his old self
    IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg