ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: International Online Discus ɪ-Discus 2017

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Default Re: International Online Discus show Coming soon....ɪ-Discus 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Now there is a point I can't argue! LOL..
    I use a glass bowl and they never see it coming lol Works like a charm.

Real Name
    Matt

Don't delay in taking your pictures! April 2nd, the opening date for submissions is less than 2 weeks away!
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Don't delay in taking your pictures! April 2nd, the opening date for submissions is less than 2 weeks away!
    Going to be neat to see everyone's fish!

Real Name
    Steve

I'm looking forward to seeing some great fish! The contest runs through April, but I think now's the time to start grooming your entries. I'm thinking of entering a fish, and I'm thinking about the best way to show it off from several perspectives, including the fish being in the best health, getting it to present itself well, and getting the best pics I can.
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Real Name
    Rick

In addition to the grand prize of $500.00, thanks to a generous donation, we are going to be, at a minimum, handing out first place trophies for each class. Should we receive more donations, we will also add 2nd and third place trophies as we,,, as funds permit. Start grooming your entries!!

-Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is now also a Cash Prize for the 5 first place winners....

Details Here...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-as-cash-Prize!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Rick

renewed mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello all,
    Starting tonight at 12 am eastern std time you may begin submitting you fish entries. They must be emailed to...

idiscuscontest@gmail.com

You will get a confirmation that its been received within 48 hours of submission. If you do not get a confirmation in that time period resubmit as it means we do not have your entry.

Please read the following carefully......

Hello all,

Dear Discus Lovers World Wide,

The North American Discus Association (NADA) and SimplyDiscus have teamed up for the very first time to bring you an awesome Discus Photo Competition with a single Grand Prize of $500.00 to be provided by NADA. The Photo Contest will take place in the Month of April coinciding with SimplyDiscus's 15 year anniversary. Leadership from both SimplyDiscus and NADA have been working tirelessly on this now and we are very pleased to formally announce it.

ɪ-Discus 2017

Proudly brought to you by SimplyDiscus and NADA ( North American Discus Association.)

This International Discus Competition is open to everyone. You must be a member of SimplyDiscus to participate though so please register as soon as possible if you are not yet a member of this great forum. Registration is Free !!! There is no entry fee!!! You just must be able meet to the Rules and Criteria we lay out for the contest. You must also be able to receive the funds in your country from the USA should you win the $500 award.

Rules:

1) Fish pictures will be emailed to a specified email address and posted anonymously by SimplyDiscus Forum Staff in a no-comment thread. We will announce the email address for this Submissions in this thread at contest start (April 2). Images may be cropped and have routine Post Processing carried out, for example white balance adjustment, exposure adjustments, lens corrections and general tone adjustments. Unless otherwise specified images may not be significantly modified by excessive cloning or compositing. No watermarks or names can be shown on the picture. Images that are submitted can not have been posted here on Simply or anywhere else publically. You must not indicate which pictures are yours publically. You will be Disqualified if you do.

2) There will be 5 classes
    ............striated class
    .............Solid class
    .............Spotted class
    .............open class
    .............wild
    We may add more classes or subtract classes if there looks to be enough entries or not enough entries . The Class your fish are entered in will be determined by us based on accepted standards.

3) Importers and commercial sellers of Fish are not allowed to participate. We want to encourage all hobbyist to enter and this levels the field. In order to enter you must be member of SimplyDiscus in good standing. Registration to the forum is free.

4) Images must be less than 2 Mb. Larger images will be resized by us where possible. Images/entries may be rejected if they do not meet our guidelines. Please Note ***Digital images have EXIF data built in and this will be used to verify the date..EXIF Data must not be stripped from images.*** You MUST be the owner of the Fish. You can not submit pictures of other peoples fish. Images must be taken in the Month of March, and April 2017

5) Submissions can be emailed in April 2 to April 30. Entries must be in no latter than April 30, winners will be announced by May 16, 2017.

6) Submissions must contain your full name, a valid telephone number,and your Forum User Name. Submissions must contain 4 images as follows,
    ....... front facing head shot
    ...... .right side profile
    ........left side profile
    ........Netted with ruler shot for size.

7) Judging will be performed by qualified NADA judges, SimplyDiscus Staff, and others to be announced . Judges will not be allowed to participate in the contest.
    Criteria will use a standard "NADA"show card optimized for an online show..

8) Entry in this contest gives NADA and SimplyDiscus explicit permission to use submitted photos in Promotional Material, Fund Raisers, and Marketing. You agree to this by entering. You retain rights to the images, but allow us full use as well. Acknowledgement of this will accompany any use of these images.

9) The small print... Failure to adhere to contest rules will lead to being disqualified. We have tried to anticipate all issues and make the rules clear and concise, but should an issue or problem arise we maintain all rights to resolve it as we see fit. You agree to this by your submission. Rules may be amended and if so any changes will be posted here. We may cancel this contest at any point with no compensation to the participants.

If you have questions , this is the thread to ask them and SimplyDiscus Staff and NADA leadership will try and Answer them. We hope to see lots of participation in this contest so SimplyDiscus and NADA can work on more cool stuff together! Good luck everyone!! The contest does not begin officially as far submissions goes until April 2 and then goes on the whole month of April , so you have lots of time to practice!

-SimplyDiscus & NADA
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-01-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Only a few hours to go until the contest starts!

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

If your fish were to win the contest you could show it at NADA. Mat takes pics of all the fish at NADA.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Only a few hours to go until the contest starts!

Al
    I don't guess that we lowly members are allowed to see the pics even if we promise not to enter. I would so love to see them. I am an excellent judge of fish flesh (in my own mind).
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I don't guess that we lowly members are allowed to see the pics even if we promise not to enter. I would so love to see them. I am an excellent judge of fish flesh (in my own mind).
    Everyone will see the pictures Liz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When the judging is over or when the entry deadline comes? I hope it's the latter. I can't wait to see.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I updated the submission email address in the first post. It is part of rule 5 in the first post in this thread.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi All,

The current submissions are now available in the class thread the submission were assigned too. The class threads are in the http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...airs-on-Simply and are closed to posting. Enjoy.

The class threads will be updated as submissions are accepted.

Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast