ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: a plug for two GOOD guys

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

Default a plug for two GOOD guys

its refreshing to run into a couple of decent guys in any business, mark and matt at "somefinsfishy" delivered 7 discus fry to me yesterday, one of the bags leaked and i lost two blue diamonds, without asking any questions i got an email this morning they are reshipping the fish and even paying the shipping cost... how is that for being "GOOD" guys?

Default Re: a plug for two GOOD guys

Quote Originally Posted by gluedandscrewed View Post
    its refreshing to run into a couple of decent guys in any business, mark and matt at "somefinsfishy" delivered 7 discus fry to me yesterday, one of the bags leaked and i lost two blue diamonds, without asking any questions i got an email this morning they are reshipping the fish and even paying the shipping cost... how is that for being "GOOD" guys?
    That is great to hear, I'm about ready to put in an order with them as well.
    I've inquired about stock a couple times and they answered every email promptly.

What were the sizes like?
    Got any pictures?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

no pics yet tune,,have them relaxing in a 20 gal. tank,, just finished their permanent 75 gal. home,,the fry are about a quarter size,,got over the stress of shipping quickly and are acting like any normal fish

P.S. I offered to pay the shipping cost for the new shipment and Mark refused, to quote him and their business motto, " anything that happens between our house and your your house is not your fault"
    Last edited by gluedandscrewed; 05-23-2017 at 12:10 PM.

I've had excellent service from both Mark and Matt, they probably wont remember me since its been more than a year since I purchased from them. I've placed two orders from them in the past. I only wish that they also have the option to sell fish, little bigger sized as well.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

that is my second batch of fish from the guys, ordered 10 got 12, ordered 6 got 7, accepted the loss as an accident, **** happens, didnt ask for replacements, wasnt going to ask for replacements, wasnt going to see judge judy, like to think i got special treatment cause i grew up in their neighborhood but i'm sure its not, sure everybody gets the same service....kudos to you mark and matt.. a business practice that should not go unnoticed!!!!

Thats Good to hear. Customer service in a business is really important.. Anyone can make a sale.... takes a bit of work on the sellers part to make a happy customer sometimes though. It is worth the effort as your post shows.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

just in case the guys happen to look in here's what will be the new home for your discus, just filled it with water yesterdayIMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

true to their word the guys just delivered a pair of nice blue diamonds,,thanks guys

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

Very cool background and nice story and result, god luck growing them out...

How do they look size wise and stunting wise if any?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    chris

thanks dude,,
    they are about an inch in size,, from the previous 10 i got one has been outgrown by the rest, but he makes up for it with attitude! must be the small penis syndrome,,,up to a couple of weeks ago the tank was a 75 gal. planted with some angel fish,it turned into a unclean-able jungle so out it went in favor of another discus tank, background is epoxy over foam,,,,
    Last edited by gluedandscrewed; 05-27-2017 at 06:39 AM.