AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: International Online Discus ɪ-Discus 2017

Real Name
    Rick

Default Re: International Online Discus show Coming soon....ɪ-Discus 2017

Would all the winners please pm me so I can get your shipping information for your trophies.

Congratulations everyone!!

-Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Geoff

Congrats to all! These are beautiful fish!

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Wow! I can’t believe that this just happened!

What a fantastic idea this was to let people from all over the word participate in an International on line discus show. Many people, including myself would never have had an opportunity to participate in a discus show, until now.

I would like to begin by congratulating Al and his team at Simply Discus on the 15 year milestone, in which time the forum has given thousands upon thousands of people all over the world, including myself, the opportunity to learn about Discus, and Discus keeping. It is because of this forum that l gained the confidence to raise discus from juveniles, with varied success, but learning from my mistakes and other member’s journeys and experiences, both good and bad along the way.

A very big thank you to Al and his Simply Discus Team, and also The North American Discus Association (NADA) Team for putting this show together, and for providing all the lovely trophies and prize money. Also, the very kind members that made donations towards this show, and all the participants for taking the time to put their beautiful discus on show for us to see. I can imagine how time consuming it would have been for all the judges to score all the discus entered, and deciding on the winners, so thank you very much to the judges for all your time and dedication.

Thanks also to everyone that voted for my discus in the ‘People’s Choice’ award. It was fun watching the poll over the days as votes kept rolling in.

Congratulations also to all the winners of each of the categories, I am sure that like me you feel very proud and honored to have such beautiful discus.

I would also like to thank all the members that visited, and made comments on my ‘Getting back into Discus’ thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ck-into-Discus

It is mainly due to all the encouragement I received there that I decided to participate in this discus show, but also to Darren who provided me with top quality discus to raise, not only where they trouble free, but the amount of support and advice given when needed was invaluable.

We all know how challenging it can be to keep discus sometimes, but like me l’m sure you all know that it’s worth it!

Thanks again everybody!

P.S. Thanks also to my discus for not making the short transfer into the tank for photos stressful on me and for co operating.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Congratulations Joe, glad to see all your hard work paid off in such a big way.

A special congrats to Pat too for entering my favorite wild and winning that class.

And thank you judges for taking the time.
    President - North American Discus Association

Congratulations to all the winners here! And Special Congrats to Joe for taking the top prize! Well deserved everyone!

There were alot of really nice fish submitted. I know when Simply and NADA decided to do this we hoped it would be a fun way for hobbyists to participate in a show. We specifically ruled out commercial sellers to level the playing field. I think it was a big success for our first show like this and I do want to see more shows like this in the future if the support is there.

There was a lot of work that went into this. I KNOW I and RICK from NADA spent alot of time discussing it. It would not have happened without great collaboration between SD and NADA. It also required work on the part of the Mod staff here. PAT and Filip received and posted the submissions and entry info. That was very time consuming so special thanks there. NADA judges Larry ( Larry Bugg) and Bob (BOBTOOLS) spent their free time as judges with some assist from me. ...a very difficult and time consuming task.

Funding came from NADA for the Grand Prize and generous anonymous donations for additional Prizes. Trophies are being donated by Ardan of Ardan's Creations. Barb of Delightful Designs has donated a custom clay cave and cone for the Peoples Choice award. Both Ardan and Barb have a long history of supporting Simply and NADA and should be recognized for it! Thank you both!

Really this show has been a perfect example of what happens when Great People come together to work on a project.

I hope the show inspires you all to pick up your cameras and try to take more pictures. The forum does have an excellent resource for you to learn more about photography...its there to be used. The Photo Centre team can help. I know some of these fish entered may have done better if they were represented better by their images...theres always next time!

Oh and get some practice in our mini photo contests. We hold them every month...great practice!

One last thank you, From SimplyDiscus to Rick Owen ( aka nc0gnet0 ) The current President of NADA. Theres always someone that works behind the scenes and moves things along but doesn't really get the credit they should. For NADA thats RICK. Nice Job on this Project Rick and as always ...Nice working with you!

Best always,
    Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-17-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: International Online Discus ɪ-Discus 2017

Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who submitted photos of their beautiful fish! There was not one ugly one!

This was really fun to view from the comfort of our own homes. Great idea and thanks Al and your team who took this idea and swam with it. Nicely done!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

I like to congratulate all the winners and thanks all the participants in this competition especially to Joe for his dedication and hard work raising these beautiful fish , Thanks to Al and all the judges fer their hard works and every one who has been involved in this competition .
    Joe you should be more than proud with your achievement .

Real Name
    Cristina Gangi

Wow. I entered three fish because I thought it was a neat thing to do and I wanted to participate... I never thought I'd win anything! Thanks everybody!

I think this was a really cool way of doing something for members as a halfway mark to the NADA show in 2018. Congrats to all the winners and a big thank you to Al, Rick, Pat, the judges and everyone who put in time/donated to make this happen for everyone. Super cool of you guys!
    Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man — who has no gills.
    --Ambrose "Bitter" Bierce

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who entered. I enjoyed following this. Thanks to Simply and The North American Discus Association too. Great job by all!
    Kraig

Real Name
    Filip

Congratulations to Joe and all the other category winners .
    Thanks to all of you folks who participated in this one of a kind international discus online contest.
    Many thanks to Ardan for his generous contribution for this contest as well as the forum support throughout the years and NADA team too for their part in organizing this show .

I hope and wish that this contest will become a tradition here on Simply discus .

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

I was very happy, and excited to receive a package from Arden today!

Inside was these two very beautiful trophys. One labeled 'Grand Champion', and the other 'Spotted First Place'.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Arden, from Arden's Creations, for making these trophys, and sending them to me all the way to Australia.

They will be proudly displayed in my home for all to see, and l think my group of discus all agree

Thanks again to everyone involved, and that took part in the I-Discus 2017 show. Also, all the lovely members on here that sent me private, and public messages to congratulate me.

1-20170527_173421-001.jpg
    Last edited by two utes; 05-27-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234