AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White spots please help

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

Default Re: White spots please help

Now
    Last edited by Crazypop231; 03-21-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

Real Name
    Jacklyn

did you do a large water change already?? is it just me or does he look a teeny bit better already??
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

The white spots that are on there fins have caused them to break/split. And there seems to be some damage on there side looks like a growth. Or may be a lil pecking I'm not sure. I'm trying to upload stuff but it won't let me says there is a error with the upload. And would anyone know a easy way to upload a video, I'm sure that will help see vs just a photo

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

He looks lil better after the change but this am he looks back to dark like yesterday

Ya i did the water change he seemed way more interactive for like 3 or 4 hrs showing his color a lil.

Sean,
    In addition to advice given so far, your fish may benefit from a salt dip. It may help clear up those spots and help heal the damaged areas,,

info here...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...-Do-a-Salt-Dip

hth,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Crazypop231 View Post
    The white spots that are on there fins have caused them to break/split. And there seems to be some damage on there side looks like a growth. Or may be a lil pecking I'm not sure. I'm trying to upload stuff but it won't let me says there is a error with the upload. And would anyone know a easy way to upload a video, I'm sure that will help see vs just a photo
    to upload a video you have to put it onto youtube or some other website based video place. keep up the water changes, its not too soon to do another large one. Some people do two 100% water changes a day.
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

It says the may go belly up in the instructions. Is there a diff remedy besides the dip? Just kinda nervous

Real Name
    Jacklyn

other remedy = continue with large waterchange daily (indefinitely for ever and ever amen) add salt with water changes until you are comfortable that he is healing on his own. try not to make this into something more than it is. if you are nervous to do a salt dip then don't do it. a salt dip will speed up the healing that large waterchanges will do overtime but if you are nervous about it, just continue with your large waterchanges, add salt for the next week and let it go. by then you wont be worried anymore bc the fish will be all better, and so will all your other fish.

the bottom line Sean is that you weren't keeping your water clean enough, and the spots and clamped fins were the fish's way of telling you that. The one that developed the spots probably had the weakest immune system. If your maintenance regimen had not changed, all the others would have developed the symptoms within time as well. Now that you have adjusted your water change regimen, and will continue to do that, this will all clear up within a couple days. And after a week you are going to notice a huge difference in all your fish. with or without the salt dip. Now I am not saying the salt dip is bad, it will most certainly help, like a lot. but if you don't do it, that doesn't mean the fish is doomed.

the only way you can screw this up at this point, is to go too far with your cleaning and cause your tank to lose its cycle. But just keep in mind to clean only the water and not the areas that hold beneficial bacteria and you will be good.
    ~JACKLYN~

Quote Originally Posted by Crazypop231 View Post
    It says the may go belly up in the instructions. Is there a diff remedy besides the dip? Just kinda nervous
    Sean,
    The concentration and duration in that thread is real conservative. I'd be really surprised if they were to "roll" on their side. It can happen in a salt dip though if it does you just need to put them into fresh water and they almost always (unless real sick) spring back fine. Its scary when it happens but in many regards its really a safe and effective treatment for external issues like this. The Choice is yours entirely. In time, clean water will probably do the trick by itself. If things don't improve though, Id suggest giving it a try.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

This is him now. But he occasionally still darkens up bUT yes more water changing to come.

But I think i have another issue and I'm not sure what this is.

Can you guys give me feed back on this guy?

I been considering the salt dip. Just hesitant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

My original sick fish is totally eating now after like 4 weeks of no wanting to eat

Real Name
    Jacklyn

these are not the same fish are they?? the top fish looks loads better if that's the one that originally had the spots to begin the thread. bottom fish looks cullable.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Jacklyn

sean, I'm going to go out on a limb here and be quite blunt with my wording "grow a pair and do a salt dip!!!"
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sean

The top one is a diff fish, I'm nervous on what's on his lower left area the white patch.

And the bottom fish was the original one with the problem

seems way more happy thank you!

Ya i know u know lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast