AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello from Kansas!

Registered Member Charles' Fish Tanks's Avatar
    Kansas City - hometown; Philadelphia - school

Default Hello from Kansas!

Hello everyone, my name is Charles, and I'm originally from Kansas City, Kansas, although now I'm going to college in Philadelphia.

I've been casually keeping fish on and off since I was around 4-6 years old, and I most recently got back into the hobby January of 2016. Now I definitely know that I want to stay for the rest of my life.

To be completely honest, I'd classify myself more as an angelfish guy. I keep a wide range of domestic scalare, some 100% wild-blood scalare, and wild caught leopoldi angelfish. Now I'm planning on completing the 3 species trifecta by acquiring some wild caught Rio Orinoco Altums!

With discus, I only have domestics. The first one I'd ever purchased was my Diamond Snakeskin that I bought from one of my LFS's. After that, I knew I wanted more. Thus, I order 6 Stendkers from Hans and haven't had a single regret! I got a fire red, snakeskin x flachen, cobalt, Tefe, checkerboard, and dark angel from that order.

I know that I can learn a ton from the forum, as well as the Simply Discus Library. I'm now shifting my focus on discus from domestics to wilds. Those Nhamunda Blue Moon Heckels are really, really tugging at my heartstrings. I've been eyeballing the pictures on Snookn21's website for the past week or so, wishing I could afford them at the moment.

Real Name
    Ryan

Default Re: Hello from Kansas!

Rock chalk Jayhawks. Go KU.

WELCOME! This hobby definitely grows on you & sticks around.
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Default Re: Hello from Kansas!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    Rock chalk Jayhawks. Go KU.

WELCOME! This hobby definitely grows on you & sticks around.
    Lol. Man you must be in heaven right now with the madness going on