ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: No rest for the weary...

Default No rest for the weary...

So I would like to say my timer light malfunctioned 2 nights in a row and left the lights on the tank- but actually it was me that malfunctioned.

I am running the Current Satellite Plus Pro and was messing with the memory settings and forgot to hit resume to get it back on the timer. I realized it yesterday morning and thought I had it back on track last night. I went to bed early and asked my husband to let me know if they didn't go out. He must have gotten wrapped up in his college hoop games and forgot because I went down at 5:30 am and they were still on.

So 2 nights without lights out. Just curious if I should leave them off a bit during the day today? Do they still sleep with the lights on? Does it cause them stress?

Weird question I know...but I figured someone out there has done the same thing.
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

Default Re: No rest for the weary...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenene View Post
    So I would like to say my timer light malfunctioned 2 nights in a row and left the lights on the tank- but actually it was me that malfunctioned.

I am running the Current Satellite Plus Pro and was messing with the memory settings and forgot to hit resume to get it back on the timer. I realized it yesterday morning and thought I had it back on track last night. I went to bed early and asked my husband to let me know if they didn't go out. He must have gotten wrapped up in his college hoop games and forgot because I went down at 5:30 am and they were still on.

So 2 nights without lights out. Just curious if I should leave them off a bit during the day today? Do they still sleep with the lights on? Does it cause them stress?

Weird question I know...but I figured someone out there has done the same thing.
    I've forgotten to turn my lights off before no biggie. I believe some of the vets here have even said you could leave lights on or off 24/7 and it wouldn't really have any effect.

You are over thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    I've forgotten to turn my lights off before no biggie. I believe some of the vets here have even said you could leave lights on or off 24/7 and it wouldn't really have any effect.
    Thanks Ryan.

Thanks Ryan.
    Remember they aren't quite as delicate as we originally thought...dont think so hard

Remember they aren't quite as delicate as we originally thought...dont think so hard
    I know I tend to look for problems. I was getting better up until now.

I know I tend to look for problems. I was getting better up until now.
    Put the crazy discus lady away and enjoy

Put the crazy discus lady away and enjoy
    She's gone now.

Real Name
    Filip

Some breeders keeps young discus with 24/7 light for feeding convenience .So no harm is done Jenene.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Some breeders keeps young discus with 24/7 light for feeding convenience .So no harm is done Jenene.
    Thanks Filip...

My ecoxotic(I think made by Current) does that exact same thing...PO's me every time I forgot to hit resume!

AND how hard is it program in a timer to resume after a set amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    My ecoxotic(I think made by Current) does that exact same thing...PO's me every time I forgot to hit resume!

AND how hard is it program in a timer to resume after a set amount of time.
    I hear ya. That is one of my few pet peeves with that light. Other than that I really like it- it's a great system.

I hear ya. That is one of my few pet peeves with that light. Other than that I really like it- it's a great system.
    Did the same thing with my planted the other night. Luckily caught it when I got home from dinner and light was still on at 9