ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: python who?!?!

Registered Member

Default python who?!?!

i just drained 35 gallons in 1 minute and 37 seconds with my new wayne pc4 external transfer pump. that used to take 15-20 minutes (depending on city water pressure) with my python water changer. now thats shaving time on water changes. still have some tweaking to do but thats awesome!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

Default Re: python who?!?!

sweet! saving time here and there can really streamline wc. when i want to drain the tank fast i hook up a drain hose to the fx5 output and turn the filter on. i should time it too.

Registered Member SomeFin's Fishy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark

Draining the water isn't what takes the time, it's filling all the tanks............

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomeFin's Fishy View Post
    Draining the water isn't what takes the time, it's filling all the tanks............
    filling does take a bit of time. but this is why i bought an external transfer pump. once i get my 55 gallon drum i can pump aged water almost as fast. although i am going to put a Y on the discharge side when i fill and have one pipe go to the tank and the other back into the drum so i can control the flow into the tank without burning up the pump or too strong of a stream to where the fish get stressed